8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
1,920 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I applied to a Honda dealership recently and got a call yesterday to set up an interview. I had that interview today at 3 and got the job. I applied for a Technician but the guy said I needed some experience before that.

I will hopefully be attending Universal Technical Institute this Fall and then I can move into a Tech job. As for now, I'm a porter. But hey, moving cars around and getting paid for it isn't bad, heh

My job as a server has been really bad lately, money wise and manager wise, so I quit that job today. Very happy to be gone from that hell hole.

Just thought I'd share my happiness. :wavey:

·
Registered
1,920 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Kurt said:
No way... I'll see you tomorrow! ahhahahaha

haha, not yet. I start on Monday at 7 am. Seems pretty nice there, a lot busier than the La Grange Continental Honda though (where I bought my car.)

And thanks for your help earlier, I appreciate it.

·
Registered
4,249 Posts
Ahh okay, I'll see you on Monday then

It can get pretty crazy here.. just always make it seem like you're doing something and Ray won't give you sh*t

·
Registered
1,920 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Kurt said:
Ahh okay, I'll see you on Monday then

It can get pretty crazy here.. just always make it seem like you're doing something and Ray won't give you sh*t

sounds good, thanks for the heads up. Yeah, he spent like 5 minutes on the Odyssey warning, haha

·
Registered
4,249 Posts
reelbigfish241 said:
sounds good, thanks for the heads up. Yeah, he spent like 5 minutes on the Odyssey warning, haha
Ohhhh yeah, we have guys that damage those all the time. The parking lot is so crowded, you'll see on Monday

·
Six eyes
5,010 Posts
Congrats! I'm in the middle of interviews at Alliston, so I hope to be in your position soon :)

*EDIT* You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to reelbigfish241 again.

·
Registered
1,937 Posts
I'm applying for a co-op there with my school, which I hope will result in an apprenticeship, and someday become a technician for Honda!

·
Banned
18,265 Posts
congrats... i used to work at the dealership too... too bad they didn't give any discounts when the Civic's came out...

·
Registered
1,385 Posts
^^ Haha, yeah, I feel ya on that one..I was in sales at my dealership for 3 years..and still paid MSRP for my Si...what a crock of ****..i'm still pissed about that... The sad thing is..a customer can come in and buy a car cheaper than me..

·
Premium Member
22,779 Posts
reelbigfish241 said:
I applied to a Honda dealership recently and got a call yesterday to set up an interview. I had that interview today at 3 and got the job. I applied for a Technician but the guy said I needed some experience before that.

I will hopefully be attending Universal Technical Institute this Fall and then I can move into a Tech job. As for now, I'm a porter. But hey, moving cars around and getting paid for it isn't bad, heh

My job as a server has been really bad lately, money wise and manager wise, so I quit that job today. Very happy to be gone from that hell hole.

Just thought I'd share my happiness. :wavey:

porter job FTW!! porter job after almost one year of the same BS in and same BS out... notsomuch. lol but ill be lookin' into a change of job status here within that year anniv. for sure!

Holler Honda new car porter from Orlando, FL checkin' in. congrats on the job & im sure you just cant wait to GO TO HONDA SCHOOL! LOL!

happy porter-ing. :vtec:

·
Registered
1,920 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
thanks everyone.

I'm hoping I can maybe get a good deal on a Used 06 Si sometime next year. :vtec: That would be icing on cake, haha

1 - 20 of 23 Posts