8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
223 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well as the title said My Si is long gone! I only had it for a year and a half. But this is how it went. Me and my friend was about to go take a photoshoot. While heading to our destination at around 12 midnight, my friend lost control fishtailed and swiped me on my driver side ended up hitting a wall at 45 mph. He basically fishtailed because the road had some water from the sprinklers and lost traction due to bald tires.

So here is the before pictures:
http://www.8thcivic.com/forums/introduction-pictures/138067-new-2009-pmm-si.html

and the after pictures:
https://www.iaai.com/Vehicles/Vehic...itemID=9587494&RowNumber=0#anchorLoginDetails

·
Registered
223 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Oh wow at least you're ok.

How will you be compensated for this?
Yeah i am so thankful i got out of it without any bodily harm. Well except my own car badge me a nice honda emblem near my left wrist. @[email protected]

Well insurance took care of it and deemed the car as a total lost and will be paying my car off and what is left is considered as pocket money. For his insurance, they will pay for all the medical bills.

·
Registered
223 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Any pic of your wrist?

Dam how hurt was he?
So pocket money huh so whats next in line?
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v686/XtaCY_03/IMG_0509.jpg

he suffered a fractured wrist, it wasn't so severe though.

I am thinking about a 2010 Subaru Impreza WRX in Satin White Pearl or 2010 Mitsubishi Evo X GSR, but leaning towards the WRX, can really afford the GSR and plus with the price of the GSR the interior is not that great and its too plain unlike the WRX.

·
Registered
223 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
That's sucks for you both. His insurance will definitely go up. Still friends??
yeah! were just glad nothing to serious happen, accident is accident but he claimed fault. so yeah basically his insurance is going to skyrocket

·
Registered
223 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Glad ur ok bro.
Wrist pic is epic. Go with the scooby

Whaha i know, everyone i show my wrist the can help but laugh because of the scar

Yeah i am going for a scoobie just because it is affordable and i a lot better then the GSR price wise and interior wise haha

·
Registered
6,381 Posts
Your friend was driving aggressively on bald tires? He's an idiot, that is extremely dangerous...as you learned the hard way.

At least you both are ok.

Lesson, NEVER EVER drive with bald tires. Considering the tire is the only part of the car that touches the road, they're arguably the most important part of the entire car.

·
Registered
223 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Your friend was driving aggressively on bald tires? He's an idiot, that is extremely dangerous...as you learned the hard way.

At least you both are ok.

Lesson, NEVER EVER drive with bald tires. Considering the tire is the only part of the car that touches the road, they're arguably the most important part of the entire car.
The sad thing about it is that he ordered new tires which is suppose to come in a couple of days. Well lesson learned for him.

My brother is buying the 2011 WRX hatch style body. I say go for the WRX.

WRX = ~25k
EVO X = ~40k
sucks. glad your ok
Yeah i am going for the WRX, i wonder how that is going to be haha

you can get Evo X's all day in so cal for $30,999 for a base GSR.
sure the interior isnt as nice as the WRX but the seats alone make up for the difference.
Yeah, but i still think its not worth it. I was car shopping around and SCM quoted me for 32,xxx OTD with a 2.9 APR for 60 MO = 594 while in SCS a 21010 Premium WRX Impreza in Satin White for 28,xxx OTD at 2.9 APR for 60 MO = high 400's. i am not going to lie the Mitsubishi GSR is a fun car but it cant be fun if you can barely afford the car and stress about the payment @[email protected]

:sadbanana:
:facepalm: yeah it was a sad moment that day.

·
Registered
18,666 Posts
Well as the title said My Si is long gone! I only had it for a year and a half. But this is how it went. Me and my friend was about to go take a photoshoot. While heading to our destination at around 12 midnight, my friend lost control fishtailed and swiped me on my driver side ended up hitting a wall at 45 mph. He basically fishtailed because the road had some water from the sprinklers and lost traction due to bald tires.

So here is the before pictures:
http://www.8thcivic.com/forums/introduction-pictures/138067-new-2009-pmm-si.html

and the after pictures:
https://www.iaai.com/Vehicles/Vehic...itemID=9587494&RowNumber=0#anchorLoginDetails
i feel ya man, just lost my Si recently too :(

btw, how did you find your car on that website? i looked for mine all over but i still can't find it

1 - 20 of 26 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.