8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone, as of last night, I am pretty sure my FA1 is a goner.. :sadface: As i was driving through Poway, I find myself coming at a lexus at 50mph, giving my self 10ft to react. Yeah, my fault. :facepalm: This is around my 2nd month having a driver's license and this cars only been alive for around 1 and a half months. I'll have pics, but from what i saw from my car, it was crushed about 2 feet from the front bumper in, the engine may have dropped too. Airbags deployed. I'll miss her.. Didnt even get to get my mugen visors on her, let alone have my car for over 1 month. Bad luck. D: Bright side, No one was hurt! :clapping:

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
thank you everyone. big mistake, first experience like this, and im glad im still here in one piece :)

yes, i was distracted by my freakin ipod with my foot on the accelerator not knowing there was a red light with a buncha cars sittin there. lesson learned, and i will think many times before driving fast and not paying attention to the road 100%...

forsure i will be raped by insurance, im a teenageboy, so my insurance will probably go upp around 200-300$ more each month, so around 700-800$ total. amazing. T__T

·
Registered
59 Posts
I feel your pain, my ex crashed my car last month =/ Some girls and manual.... Everything worked out though. I wish you the best

·
Registered
279 Posts
Oh man. I learned the hard way too, though not with a new car. I had an old Nissan 4X4 and crashed it multiple times, but those trucks just don't die. I recommend getting an older car for a year or two while you learn to drive.

Trust me, it took me about 1.5 years to stop having stupid moments and accidents. No way I would admit it then, but I started out as a terrible driver. The faster you admit that, the faster you get better.

BTW, for the first year you drive, you should NEVER talk on the phone or use an iPod. It's just asking for an accident. Very glad no one was hurt in the accident, and I am sorry about the car loss...

Did you buy it or was it your parents?

·
Registered
730 Posts
Oh man. I learned the hard way too, though not with a new car. I had an old Nissan 4X4 and crashed it multiple times, but those trucks just don't die. I recommend getting an older car for a year or two while you learn to drive.

Trust me, it took me about 1.5 years to stop having stupid moments and accidents. No way I would admit it then, but I started out as a terrible driver. The faster you admit that, the faster you get better.

BTW, for the first year you drive, you should NEVER talk on the phone or use an iPod. It's just asking for an accident. Very glad no one was hurt in the accident, and I am sorry about the car loss...

:yeahthat:

·
Registered
800 Posts
Look at the bright side, it will make you a better driver! Even if the wreck doesn't remind you to drive carefully the monthly insurance bill will!

Glad you are in one piece and were able to walk away!

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·

my parents bought it..
man.. they glad im okay but.. theve put soooooo much money just into giving me driving priveledges. for sure ima watch out now, and drive slower. i drive pretty fast. and i wont be driving for a whilee!! :facepalm:

·
Registered
285 Posts
That's good nobody was hurt.. but damn man that's scary! At any moment some kid could slam into my ass end lol Of course we all know that, but its a refresher to keep an eye out

1 - 20 of 26 Posts