8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
725 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a JL W7 in the JL Audio box that is just sitting at my house. I have a friend that works at a local car audio shop in DFW and he wants it. He is going to trade me my sub for a new Alpine deck that i picked out today(which is sweet btw) and all new door speakers. The door speakers are fusion and they look cheap but sound suprizingly good. He is going to do all of the instal for free and still give me the warranties just like i bought it from them. I trust the dude so do ya'll think its a good idea. I would have posted this in the audio but it wouldnt let me

·
Registered
3,847 Posts
What deck? What speakers?

Don't take offense, but if you're asking this question without knowing the model #'s of what he's going to trade, then you really need to re-evaluate your situation.

I think that I can safely say "keep it" and not have to worry that you're missing out.

·
Registered
725 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
its an alpine deck, the $180 one, and some fusion speakers that sound pretty good, the sound better then my infinity kappas did in my truck

·
Registered
3,847 Posts
No way.

Oh, never refer to him as a "friend" again...he's ripping you off.

Think about it for one minute. A $500+ sub for a cheap h/u and crap speakers?...

·
Registered
725 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
i heard the same speakers in his truck and they sound pretty bad ass, with no amp. these are there door speakers, but they are really cheap and ricer looking with all that neon green. but 4 speakers, a badass radio (bc i had one exactly like in my truck just the last model) install and a warranty? and this isnt a good deal. plus maybe tint or lights

·
Banned
14,725 Posts
a buisness will never do you a favor like that...they are in the buisness to make money....not give out equipment. they can probobly get the hu and speakers cheaper then the W7.

lol, i bet if you have a alpine HU and some speakers laying around they wouldnt give you a W7 for it...

·
Registered
3,847 Posts
Dude, I'm telling you for the last time, THAT'S THE WORST TRADE I'VE EVER HEARD OF! Seriously.

That's a royal screw-over trade.

If you're that hard off for some "killer" speakers and h/u, sell the w7 for $500 and then go buy the stuff you want.

And, not to be a complete jerk, but how great can a $180 h/u really be?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts