8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know of a good quality basic toolkit that I could carry in my trunk? I'd use this kit not just for roadside emergencies but also occasionally at work or home. I found a few "Automotive tool kits" on Amazon.com but I've never heard of the brands, there is no lifetime warranty, and I don't know of their quality.

Does Husky, Stanley, or Craftsman have anything that would fit the bill? Thanks.

·
Banned
873 Posts
Yea tools can all be the same, just go to Home Depot and to the tool box section and pick one. No need to get the "best" tool kit out there.

·
Registered
3,495 Posts
As long as there is a life-time warranty is all that matters... Craftsmen/Snap-on etc. are all great tools but are not necessary for the everyday/weekend handy-man... there are numerous brands that offer great warranties at a fraction of the cost of the top-brands. Just my opinion. Best wishes

·
Registered
155 Posts
Kragen/O'Reilleys has 50% off all tools made by Husky right now. A full 3/8" set can be bought for under $20. Go check it out!

·
Registered
1,830 Posts
husky and craftsmen are both good. i use craftsmen personally, and a few snap on pieces. but snap-on is not worth the money if you are just doing stuff at home etc.

·
Registered
111 Posts
For a trunk kit, Husky is fine. Craftsman has a better warranty policy (and a lot of it is USA-made), but I've never had a Husky tool fail on me. Snap-on is great stuff, but probably overkill for a trunk kit.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts