8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
182 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I asked once before what VSA was when I got the 08 fg2 and now that I have had it for a few months i still have a question regarding if mine is working the way its intended too. So im cruising today in 5th with the girl in the car and she doesnt like it when shes in the car and I roar the evo2 cbe, but today shes like "youve been good today ill allow you to make it loud one time"(yes im whipped and i love it:deadhorse:). So I use my ample opportunity to go loud and fast by downshifting into 2nd looking forward to hitting:vtec:(of course never breaking the posted speed limit) and the car goes loud but does not accelerate at all. I figured it would blink on possibly then off when the wheels got traction but it didnt accelerate whatsoever and i didnt over-rev because i was going 40mph. is that normal?

im going to dinner so dont think if i dont reply to you right away i dont care lol

·
Registered
858 Posts
You downshift in to 2nd and no acceleration @ all? Weird, but I don't think VSA was preventing your acceleration! I always have my VSA on (except for @ the track) and I've never had that problem...........and I don't baby my car............my 0.02

·
Registered
851 Posts
if I had 1 shot I'd rip into it from a dead stop up to the speed limit

you'll figure out the whipped part

hopefully before you get hurt,

but life is 1 lesson after another

·
Registered
182 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I think ur clutch is goingggggg..
you could have something there but i never figured my honda's clutch would go at 20k, although i do not know how the previous owner drove it. Whoever it was they left the car in good condition visually inside and out so im hopin they drove it good too.

·
Registered
3,933 Posts
are you sure your car was fully warmed up? Because if the engine is still cold the ecu will cut vtec and limit the rpms.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts