8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Banned
308 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Pontiac has finally decided to go wtih the trend of speed and reliability. The new G6 GTP v6 comes with 240 hp. and costs around the same price as the new si.. i drove one today and loved it.. i highly reccomend everybody else atleast give it a try.. if your in maryland, rockville area stop on by KING automotive and ask for me Jeff and ill bring you out for a test drive to make you a believer..

am i a good salesman or what? haha no but seriously this car is pretty damn fast

·
Banned
308 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
its actually a great car.. i as a bit skeptic of american made cars but after speding a day with it.. and checking out each part of it.. it has some great features.. such as the little things.. when you open a door the windows go down a slight bit and when you close them they go back up to keep the air pressure steady in the car and helps ot that their sno pressure on any windows.. i plan on renting it for a bit

·
Registered
201 Posts
if the civic put out 6 cyl.

I looked at the car for my girl, but it only puts out 240 w/ six cylinders.
If Honda put out a k engine with 6 cylinders we would be at least 345-380. stock. they have a 3.9 liter that only puts out the 240. with the k series putting out almost 100 hp per liter it comes up roughly to 380. Minus the wieght of the engine and upgrades it could possibly put out high 2's or low 3's.
What do you think? Am I close on this?

·
Registered
18 Posts
I think the basic shape of the new G6 coupe looks a lot like the Civic, and with the HP it's bound to be a quick ride. But if you read the opinion of a lot of experts - like the Motor Trend guys who picked the Civic as their 2006 Car of the Year over 28 pretty impressive contenders - the Civic stands out in every category. For instance, they point out that a number of other cars like the Cobalt, the Focus, (and probably the G6) etc., might also be able hit 8500 rpm - ONCE! When you compare everything - performance, looks, fit and finish, ergonomics, handling, technology, and resale (that's a biggie), the Honda puts them away. I also think that when the tuner guys and the aftermarket folks get to work on the new Si's, watch what happens. I'd bet the Civic is going to blow the doors off a lot of cars out there.

·
Registered
6,954 Posts
GeorgiaBoy said:
If Honda put out a k engine with 6 cylinders we would be at least 345-380. stock...What do you think? Am I close on this?
I think it would be much closer to the results achieved by the Inifiniti G35 and IS350, around 300-310. For N/A, direct injection engines that is a very good HP/TQ result. Think closer to the Acura RL V6.

On the other hand, you might have an Inline 6 engine with 350HP...but only 220TQ. I think I would take the 300/290 figures that the Lexus/Infiniti cars produce.

·
Registered
342 Posts
Some of that preference is based on how you like to drive. If you don't mind keeping the revs up then that in line six you mentioned would be alright. But I have watched alot of people drive especially stick shift that would rather lug the engine than shift down. If you are a lugger, than you need all the torque you can get. :driving:

·
Banned
308 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
if anyone here lives in maryland.. come out to my dealership in rockville.. and ill show you all about the car.. its not what you would think it would be.. the typical american car? no.. it has soo many great features and i think it will deffinately turn peoples ideas aroundon american made cars

·
Registered
18 Posts
It was just announced that the Civic won another major award. This time both the new Civic and the Ridgeline pickup won their respective class in the North American Car/Truck of the Year at the North American International Auto Show in Detroit. This is a particularly impressive award as it is determined by a panel of 49 automotive journalists. Honda is the first manufacturer to win both categories in the same year. The Civic is making a huge impression out there - even with the best experts in the industry.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts