8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner
  • Hello Everyone! Let us know what you would spend a $50 Amazon gift card on, HERE For a chance to win a $50 Amazon Gift Card!
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Purpul Plane 4ever!
40,686 Posts
It is not suede, its a wannabe. Just use any interior cleaner.

·
Registered
137 Posts
Yes the spray can resolve. They make it in a trigger bottle too, but I just use the cans.

No, it's not too harsh. I have the beige interior & it cleans it well & doesn't leave any spots or anything.

For the upholstery, I vacuum, spray it on in an even coat - not too much, leave it sit for about 10-15 min, then wipe with a small damp towel in different directions.

For the floor mats, I vacuum, spray on a heavier coat, let it sit about 15 min, then spray any stained spots again. Then I scrub with a stiff bristle nylon brush (like what you'd clean your shower with) & wipe with damp rag.

I think it does a really good job. Only thing I don't like is the smell & this time of year it's hard to leave the car open to air out. I just cleaned the car this weekend & used the resolve on carpets, mats, & front seats, & seat belts. Only thing it didn't clean was the seatbelt & I don't think anything will save it. Looks like it was closed in the door a few times or something. Has a few sections of ground in black. A lot came off & it lightened some, but nothing I've tried & no amount of scrubbing seems to work. Will probably have to just replace the driver's side eat belt at some point.

·
Registered
514 Posts
6:1, Water:Woolite mixture.

·
Purpul Plane 4ever!
40,686 Posts
Our faux suede = alcantara
Alcantara is real suede, which we dont have in our cars. We dont even have a micro-fiber wannabe. Its just a fuzzy cloth type material.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.