8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
505 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok guys i have a injen cai and im afriad of hydrolocking over here... i want to put everything bakk to stock and it seems very hard... anyone done this before? did you guys put every single peice back in? i heard that people onli use the top portion of the stock intake and it works fine without losing power. is it true... ive been searching for awhile and kinda found no answers

·
Registered
883 Posts
I did that about a week ago.I had to order some parts that i lost but i did put everything back together.Power wise i no longer have the hesitation that the CAI gave me and i have a lot more power down low.I also did the icebox mod that bioevolve came up with si that may help you also.

·
Registered
505 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
i was just thinking of just trading it for a short ram and calling it a day? dont want to go thru the hassle of finding all stock peices.... only concern with a short ram is the heat soak..... is heat soak realli that bad? wat does it reealli do to your car?

·
Registered
1,072 Posts
I have the injen cai, pretty scared about hydrolock myself. Yesterday it stormed on the interstate heading home. Visibility was about 500 to 1000 feet at times. The road was soaked, I didn't hydroplane but was near it. No probs at all. I even felt the filter and honestly it wasn't wet at all. Now, if you go through a deep puddle at 50 miles an hour, I would be scared. I will eventually switch to another intake in the future (b/c of your same fears) but for now the injen will do.

·
Registered
505 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
i might just trade mines with someone for an injen short ram.. dunt want to go thru the hassle of putting the old stock stuff bakk in.. it was hard enought taking it out... i bet its harder puting bakk in

·
Registered
13,652 Posts
drutoobored said:
i was just thinking of just trading it for a short ram and calling it a day? dont want to go thru the hassle of finding all stock peices.... only concern with a short ram is the heat soak..... is heat soak realli that bad? wat does it reealli do to your car?
Normally I would disagree with going back to stock b/c of fears of hydrolocking, but seeing that you're in new orleans, you should probably look into a snorkel or something, lol.

·
Registered
505 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
yea its kinda bad here.... when it rainss... it rains hard... soo cai isnt soo good for me...

thinking about getting a short ram...... im not too anal about power n stuff like that.... its just for me to get around in...

and like once every month i autocross my car.

·
Registered
481 Posts
Why not just add in a bypass valve. I had it on my DSM and everything was fine. My filter chilled 5" off the ground. If the filter starts to get clogged it sucks from the bypass valve and they are relativly cheap. AEM makes them and that is the only one that I know of.

·
Registered
2,143 Posts
If you go back to stock, and do not want to put the stock piping back up into the fender, just do what others have done and modify the stock air box to be like the mugen one. Here is a pic.

·
Banned
1,422 Posts
drutoobored said:
yea its kinda bad here.... when it rainss... it rains hard... soo cai isnt soo good for me...

thinking about getting a short ram...... im not too anal about power n stuff like that.... its just for me to get around in...

and like once every month i autocross my car.
Unless you are driving through free standing water and submerging the filter under water you dont have anything to worry about. I don't know why people fear hard rains, or road spray.

·
Registered
1,987 Posts
KidnKorner said:
Unless you are driving through free standing water and submerging the filter under water you dont have anything to worry about. I don't know why people fear hard rains, or road spray.
Exactly.

Drew, I've been rocking a CAI for almost four years with no issues (knock on wood). Just be mindful of where you drive when it's raining & you'll be fine.

·
Registered
13,652 Posts
holy EFFING cow said:
Exactly.

Drew, I've been rocking a CAI for almost four years with no issues (knock on wood). Just be mindful of where you drive when it's raining & you'll be fine.
Exactly, but people will continue to be paranoid.

As far as the diy intake mod, just drill a couple holes in the bottom of the airbox for water to escape. I hear that works, but I would just keep a cai personally.

·
Registered
1,625 Posts
yeaa im not worried ab hydro with my poormans icebox.bc i really dont think water is gonna really ever reach my filter ukno. but what doi kno :)

1 - 20 of 23 Posts