8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
511 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys. I'm gonna be a lab rat for a ported intake manifold for our SI by Go Power Motorsports based in California. Their R&D department was headed by former r&d head from Skunk2. They are really serious about finding out what kind of power porting a manifold can put out. We have our reservations about how other companies claim of 20hp gain by just porting a manifold so we're gonna go ahead and do dynos before an after. www.go-pwr.com is a new company and they plan to be a sponsor here at the 8th as soon as their website is completed. They gave me the thermal gasket for the throttle body and intake manifold to evaluate and I ran my car up and down Big Bear Mountain and they work great. No melting issue here and for half the price the other companies are charging for. Stay tuned...

·
Registered
5,918 Posts
intresting. If they port the intake manifold properly they can get gains. Someone here ported their intake manifold but they lost power instead.

·
Registered
511 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
intresting. If they port the intake manifold properly they can get gains. Someone here ported their intake manifold but they lost power instead.
I think I saw that thread but they ported their manifold like you would port a head or a header. They didn't cut into into it and ported the inside and I think they lost 2hp. Not significant but a lost nonetheless.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts