8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

21 - 38 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
4,585 Posts
Yes this cam is a drop in cam. It is your stock can reground to more aggressive numbers.

The cam works in our head. If you have the valve clearance in a R18, you'll have the valve clearance in an R20.

·
Registered
4,585 Posts
Would this work on an R18 block sleeved to 2.0L? So essentially an R20?
Plus, the R20A1 exists in Japan. =) you can actually order that engine, or short block, from junk yard houses there.

·
Registered
330 Posts
I guess I could, but I'm not too familiar with that process. But the R18 cam that you sell would fit in my R18 bored/sleeved to 2.0L though, right?

·
Registered
6 Posts
Sorry off topic the r20a1 just came out last year in the U.S in the Acura ilx. Also when you get a kit together with cam and valve train will order for sure have money just waiting on the whole thing.

·
Registered
791 Posts
I'm fairly sure GoPower mentioned they no longer produce this product...there is one currently for sale by another member, though for 500 bucks.

·
Registered
4,585 Posts
GoPower doesn't exist anymore. If you want a cam for your R18, you need to go to Perky Tuning and buy one. They are not reground cams like GoPower's. these are CompCam cams that he designed and sells. Go to www.perkytuning.com

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
330 Posts
This cam sold by PerkyTuning and developed and made by COMP Cams seems to be bada$$. Per PerkyTuning:

Gains were as follows:

Testing on DynoJet 224xlc BOD: 1/12/2013
2011 Civic LX Coupe MT
34,800 Miles

Testing Dates: March 11th
Stock NA no tune: 109whp 119wtq
Cam Stock NA no tune: 143whp 139wtq
Cam Stock Tuned: 167whp 151wtq -Injectors at 98%

TSI Turbo Tuned: 232whp 237wtq -10psi GT25RR
TSI Turbo w/Cam Tuned: 298whp 303wtq -10psi GT25RR

Currently awaiting Automatic Transmission reliability requirements for Comp Cams to release the product.

Price: $500 with 2nd Day FedEx Delivery, YouTube 44min instructional video link, and installation DVD w/PDF Instructions
-No Spring replacement needed
-No Tune Needed but suggested
-Supporting part numbers for swap and torque information is provided

·
Registered
4,585 Posts
This cam sold by PerkyTuning and developed and made by COMP Cams seems to be bada$$. Per PerkyTuning:

Gains were as follows:

Testing on DynoJet 224xlc BOD: 1/12/2013
2011 Civic LX Coupe MT
34,800 Miles

Testing Dates: March 11th
Stock NA no tune: 109whp 119wtq
Cam Stock NA no tune: 143whp 139wtq
Cam Stock Tuned: 167whp 151wtq -Injectors at 98%

TSI Turbo Tuned: 232whp 237wtq -10psi GT25RR
TSI Turbo w/Cam Tuned: 298whp 303wtq -10psi GT25RR

Currently awaiting Automatic Transmission reliability requirements for Comp Cams to release the product.

Price: $500 with 2nd Day FedEx Delivery, YouTube 44min instructional video link, and installation DVD w/PDF Instructions
-No Spring replacement needed
-No Tune Needed but suggested
-Supporting part numbers for swap and torque information is provided

Who are you and where did you get this info and did Josh give you permission to post this?

Perky Tuning is owned and Run by Josh (a.k.a. Drunkenstuper) and is in Granbury, TX.

On his current setup, he has a Gt2871R at 15 psi with that cam Running 340 whp and 330 ft lbs I believe.

·
Registered
330 Posts
I'm just another R18 owner excited for a quality cam for our cars. I contacted the people at PerkyTuning and this is the information they gave me about the cam. I was so excited about it, I had to post it. Hopefully I didn't overstep any boundaries. If I have, I'm truly sorry.

·
Registered
4,585 Posts
I'm just another R18 owner excited for a quality cam for our cars. I contacted the people at PerkyTuning and this is the information they gave me about the cam. I was so excited about it, I had to post it. Hopefully I didn't overstep any boundaries. If I have, I'm truly sorry.
Bro. That is For Josh to pass out man. that price is not final and they aren't even available yet.

so what happened to gopower though... they still exist or they are banned from this site
Skunk2 bought them out I believe.

21 - 38 of 38 Posts