8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
1,501 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
All -

Given that the other thread made it's way to bickering over price I've decided to make a new R18 Cam Thread to have the pricing listed and the testing dyno graph.
We will keep the chit chat to a minimum and if anyone should have any remarks to make regarding price, market control, etc. please do so via PM to keep the thread clean.

With that said, here is the information pulled from the previous thread as far as the dyno graph goes:

Test Car Specifications:
2007 Honda Civic LX
Injen CAI
Megan Header
Greddy TiC Catback
NGK Spark Plugs
FlashPro Base
135hp / 127tq.

After Cam:

145hp / 127tq (Yes peak is the same. But as you can see at about 4600, the cam comes alive and gains upwards of 10tq on the top end.)

These are great results for this test and trial with a new cam. Especially for the R18.

The cam pricing is as follows:

Retail: $695 shipped
8thcivic: $630 shipped
Core: $100 credit (if you send us your stock cam once you put in the new cam, we credit $100 back to you.)

If you have any questions and I'm taking too long to respond within the thread itself. Feel free to PM us (as it shows up in my email) or go straight to emailing me.

Thanks,

CJ /// [email protected]

·
Registered
1,501 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Moar Aggressive!

We are able to make a more aggressive grind as compared to the one we have currently released but it DOES require a valve train upgrade.

If you're interested please send all of the specs on the valve train to us so we can see if the grind is able to work with your set up.

Brand,
Installed Height,
Spring Pressure,
Coil Bind.

Thanks.

·
Registered
713 Posts
Highly considering this before the end of the year.

What might someone expect from the more aggressive grind? Looking at 5hp or more like 10? Also.... anyone have an idea for effect on mileage?

I do really like the mileage I get currently, I could live with a small reduction for some more power though.

·
Registered
1,085 Posts
Highly considering this before the end of the year.

What might someone expect from the more aggressive grind? Looking at 5hp or more like 10? Also.... anyone have an idea for effect on mileage?

I do really like the mileage I get currently, I could live with a small reduction for some more power though.
I get 30- 32mpg with this cam and I/H/E and flashpro and a few other things.

·
Registered
713 Posts
Cool thanks man. Did you end up getting the more aggressive grind or do you have the "orginal" upgrade?

·
Registered
1,501 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Still working on everything and since the build is kind of at a stand still for Christian we're finishing up other projects right now before we dive back into the R18.

·
Registered
1,501 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Would this be compatible with a Canadian Edition R18???

We do not have FP available for our models. :pout:
The motor should be the same from ours in the US so the cam should work fine.
Flashpro isn't 100% needed for the time being on the cam as the factory MAF will make the necessary corrections to keep things safe. That and the normal driving lobes are unaffected.

·
Registered
713 Posts
Do you guys know of any other components for a motor build? Ive looked through a lot of sites but I havent seen anything listed that would fit the r18. Im definitely hoping to get the $ together for this cam before september.

·
Registered
1,501 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Do you guys know of any other components for a motor build? Ive looked through a lot of sites but I havent seen anything listed that would fit the r18. Im definitely hoping to get the $ together for this cam before september.

Here are a few threads that people have made showing what is available for the R18.

http://www.8thcivic.com/forums/civic-coupe-sedan/273900-r18-aftermarket-demand.html
http://www.8thcivic.com/forums/civic-coupe-sedan/160943-ultimate-most-comprehensive-performance-parts-list-r18.html

·
Registered
713 Posts
Yeah, thanks for the links. I've looked through "the list" a few times. I saw the pauter rods.... I guess really the only thing I haven't seen is a valve train upgrade and pistons. I guess it's gonna be custom work. I suppose I should just trade up to an Si for the $$. I saw the k24 package you guys had offered for a pretty sick deal.

Understandably I think a lot of the r18 guys said "I want this xxx part" but would never actually buy it. Ho hum.... FP, GP(yous guys) cam, intake, exhaust, test pipe, pulleys, TBS should be enough though. Not looking to go F/I.

Thanks for making a cam for us though!

·
Registered
1,501 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Yeah, thanks for the links. I've looked through "the list" a few times. I saw the pauter rods.... I guess really the only thing I haven't seen is a valve train upgrade and pistons. I guess it's gonna be custom work. I suppose I should just trade up to an Si for the $$. I saw the k24 package you guys had offered for a pretty sick deal.

Understandably I think a lot of the r18 guys said "I want this xxx part" but would never actually buy it. Ho hum.... FP, GP(yous guys) cam, intake, exhaust, test pipe, pulleys, TBS should be enough though. Not looking to go F/I.

Thanks for making a cam for us though!

Pauter does rods - I believe CP has a piston option.

·
Registered
330 Posts
I know this is off-topic/thread, but do you guys make any other parts for the R18 (i.e. exhaust, downpipe, header, etc.) or have you thought of doing so? Thanks!

1 - 20 of 38 Posts