8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
41 - 60 of 75 Posts

·
Registered
81 Posts
I meant does the 520 exhaust come with everything to bolt onto my skunk2 header right away without adaptors. If so put me on the list and ill pay tonight.

·
Registered
733 Posts
I dont like the xcelerate tip either I prefer polished style, if it's deeper than those exhaust it's got to be good. Is it to late to sign up?

·
Registered
251 Posts
Hey CJ,

I called a couple times yesterday and got the answering machine so I just left a message. Please call me back so I can make the payment. Thanks,

·
Registered
2,909 Posts
Civic Type R - Yes, it will bolt up, no problems at all. No adapters needed. If you want on the list, send Go-Power motorsports a PM on here.

LikeASi
- The standard system is probably the deepest (and best, IMO) sounding exhaust made for our cars. If you want on the list, send Go-Power motorsports a PM on here.

Tomo
- I called 6 times before I got anyone on the line. You just need to keep trying periodically (and remember that they're out in CA)

·
Registered
251 Posts
Thanks for the advice ijm5012. I've actually ordered from GoPwr before and I figured it would be easier if CJ just call me back when he's ready to receive payment. Hopefully this will save me a bunch of time.

·
Registered
2,909 Posts
Any update on this?

I called on Wednesday and gave my CC info, but they said that CJ was out and would process it Thursday AM, and I would get a receipt via email. I never got a receipt, because the order still hasn't been processed.

Also, was the order placed to the vendor for the exhausts yet? Or do you need ALL of the payments before the order is placed. If this is the case, we will be waiting quite some time to get our exhausts.

Just curious. Thanks!

·
Registered
1,501 Posts
Discussion Starter #48
I sent my payment to go [email protected] through paypal. hope I didn't make any mistakes.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC
Everything went through. Usually we use a different email for it but we have so many of our emails linked to it so it worked.

Gotcha. We're still getting an awesome deal!

I called my payment in this evening. Now we just need to get everyone to pay up so that when they arrive they can be shipped out.
I have all your information. I still need to run the CC.

I'd like to get the regular too please if it's not too late, also quick question will this bolt up to a skunk2 mega power header?
How does your standard system compare to a vibrant or xcelerates 3 inch? Might be interested if I'm not to late
Honestly, I've not heard those in comparison to ours.

how much for the quiet resonator?
Civic Type R - Yes, the exhaust bolts up no problems to any of the Skunk2 headers (any aftermarkets in general too)

LikeASi - The system is louder than the Vibrant exhausts, and is a bit deeper than the XLR8 3" system. They probably make about the same HP. Personally, I like the Go-Power exhaust tip more than the XLR8 one, but that's your call.

mrsxant - Lask I talked to CJ, he said that to get the quiet section of pipe fab'd up it would be something like $250. IDK if that's a bit cheaper now during the GB, but that's what I was told.

Come on people, let's get the list of 15 filled up and have everyone submit their payment!

·
Registered
1,501 Posts
Discussion Starter #49
I meant does the 520 exhaust come with everything to bolt onto my skunk2 header right away without adaptors. If so put me on the list and ill pay tonight.
It'll come with new hardware and gaskets. Everything to bolt right to your header with no issues.

I dont like the xcelerate tip either I prefer polished style, if it's deeper than those exhaust it's got to be good. Is it to late to sign up?
It's not too late. I'll sign you up.

Any update on this?

I called on Wednesday and gave my CC info, but they said that CJ was out and would process it Thursday AM, and I would get a receipt via email. I never got a receipt, because the order still hasn't been processed.

Also, was the order placed to the vendor for the exhausts yet? Or do you need ALL of the payments before the order is placed. If this is the case, we will be waiting quite some time to get our exhausts.

Just curious. Thanks!
I'm processing today. We've been in race-prep for IFO in Vegas and have been back in the shop for the better part of the last two-three days.

I am going to close the GB by the middle of next week and place the order with the vendor thereafter. Then i'll just need payment within like 10 days or so of me closing the GB. <--- Only bold so others can reference and see while reading through.

Put me down for a standard system for an 09 si coupe
Done.

·
Registered
2,909 Posts
OK, thanks for letting us know when the GB will be closed/order will be placed.

I got my receipt today, thank you! I can't wait to get my exhaust. Hoping that the vendor builds them quick!

·
Registered
2,909 Posts
the go power quiet system is louder than a Q300. It's more comparable to the Full-Race exhaust.

3" exhausts aren't quiet, but the Go-Power Quiet system is about as quiet as a 3" exhaust can be.

·
Premium Member
4,828 Posts
i got a noob question!!!!!!

Well in the first post you said that you have to shave the hex nuts to the stock cat piece right.. is the reason you have to shave the hex nuts for the cat piece is because the piping is to big for 3"?

Skip to 4:01 and pause the video.. it has the same hex nuts! but i was wondering why do you have to shave only half of it?

·
Registered
392 Posts
The quiet version is awesome surprised to see more people want the standard. Side by side
gopwr > fullrace deeper and more throaty

skye

·
Registered
2,909 Posts
I'm glad to see the turnout we had. I kept pestering CJ to get this GB going since I saw numerous people interested in getting a GP exhaust.

Hopefully this one going a bit smoother than the last one went. I can't wait to get my exhaust on my car!

·
Registered
2,310 Posts
i got a noob question!!!!!!

Well in the first post you said that you have to shave the hex nuts to the stock cat piece right.. is the reason you have to shave the hex nuts for the cat piece is because the piping is to big for 3"?

Skip to 4:01 and pause the video.. it has the same hex nuts! but i was wondering why do you have to shave only half of it?

Skunk2 Exhaust 2008 Honda Civic Si - YouTube

You need to shave the rest of the nut too! The pictures were JUST reference so you get an idea of what has to be done. The rest of the nut needs to be shaved down too.

·
Registered
304 Posts
How is the sound paired with a skunk2 megapower header? Deeper then full-race? How's the drone? Sorry im using my phone and is difficult to search

41 - 60 of 75 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.