8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 20 of 167 Posts

·
Registered
3,308 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I picked up my car from GO Power this passed weekend and wanted to wait on my review until I was able to get some driving time and had to break in my new clutch.

We went around and checked everything out first, turned on the car making sure everything was good, she fired right up and idled as smooth as she did with my stock motor. I took her for a quick test run around the shop and my first impression was how easy this car was to drive now. The tq made a huge difference in driveability, I gave it a quick push in 3rd gear to about 5500 rpms, and man, the crossover is freaking aggressive/awesome/loud, how ever you want to describe it, its got it.

I get home and of course I am driving all around trying to put in the necessary miles to get my clutch worked in so I can beat her silly:). This thing pulls and tires seemingly are going to be my next mod to say the least.
I have fell in love all over again, the car finally has some tq and not to mention this thing flies. I am not a huge fan of f/i(albeit still allows for that option in the future) so I am glad that GO power has created this alternative for us all motor guys/gals.

Here are some pics of the engine bay:
Before:

After:

As you can see, there is not much difference lol.

I would like to thank GO power for this awesome setup/option:corona:. Jeff worked with me in regards to an alternative header as my Kidd Racing would not fit at all with this setup. He purchased the header from me and I paid the difference for a custom header which was a cash saver, he also threw in a IMG for frizzle :) Only negative was I had to wait a little longer than anticipated because they had to re-order a different sized head gasket but it was well worth the wait :vtec:

I will get some dyno sheets posted when I get a chance as well as some vids of of the car mashing out!

The Build:
K24a4 Block/K24a4 Crank
Wiseco 87.5mm 11.1:1 K24 Piston Kit(Final Compression 11:6:1)
ARP Head Stud Kit
GO Power Motorsports K24 H-Beam Connecting Rods
ACL Race Bearings
K20a2 Oil Pump
IPS K2 Cams
GO Power springs/retainers
Hybrid TCT
K20z3 head
Stock RBC
GO Pwr IMG
TSX TB(un-modified)
TBS/Gaskets
RDX Injectors
AEM CAI
GO Power Custom 3" Header
GO Power 3" Exhaust
Flash Pro
Clutch Masters Stage 3 K-Series Clutch: FX300
Filled Stock Dog-bones
TWM Shifter Cable Bushings
Mugen Quickshifter

·
Registered
334 Posts
Can't even tell the difference. That is the best part. Car should be a blast to drive. Can you post all the specs of the build? Interested to see what all you used for your build. Congrats!

·
Registered
967 Posts
how come you didnt throw your pulley's on your new engine?
and are you going to change your intake manifold cover to say 2.4 or just trick into thinking you still have a little 2 liter lol

·
E-Tunez FTT!!!
1,940 Posts
Nice teegs! I'm glad you are happy with your K24. Enjoy it, I'll meet you at the torqueroads so you went get lonely.

·
Registered
3,308 Posts
Discussion Starter #14 (Edited)
Can't even tell the difference. That is the best part. Car should be a blast to drive. Can you post all the specs of the build? Interested to see what all you used for your build. Congrats!
Will put up mod list shortly.

how much did u spend and what was the power gain?
All together I spent around 5k because I bought clutch, header, labor costs. The last e-dyno of my previous setup was 230hp 180tq and my e-dyno for this setup is 276hp 225tq. Torques aren't very precise but in regards to comparison they work fine.

how come you didnt throw your pulley's on your new engine?
and are you going to change your intake manifold cover to say 2.4 or just trick into thinking you still have a little 2 liter lol
I brought my stock pulleys just in case there was an issue with the NST's. They actually would have fit fine but Jeff went ahead and swapped them so I could sell them and make some money back which I certainly appreciated.
I like the stock engine look but who knows, maybe I will see what it looks like.

so the whole motor is a k24 block? or are you still running the k20 head?
k20/k24 , will post specs in OP.

Nice teegs! I'm glad you are happy with your K24. Enjoy it, I'll meet you at the torqueroads so you went get lonely.
For sure Rulo, I am really excited to see what you are able to extract out of your build. It's gonna be nuts.

looks good. This is something I would like to do in the future
Hey, that is why I said all motor guys and gals. You definitely wouldn't be doing yourself a disservice by going k24.

·
Registered
6,283 Posts
hey i have a beauty cover that has the 2.4L liter painted black...i would trade? hit me up lol

but that is some decent power man for sure! man n/a power is hard to make...trying to hit 300hp is just a bottle shot away lol

you got the graph?

1 - 20 of 167 Posts