8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Banned
2,150 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Go Power Custom Header - DOES NOT FIT, COMPANY NOT RESPONDING

Buyer beware.

I purchased a custom header from Go Power, and paid to have it ceramic coated. The header hits the subframe of the car and was not made properly to fit my vehicle.

Go power will not return phone calls, or reply to emails about this.

I currently have a $1,200 paperweight.

·
Super Moderator
11,559 Posts
mine fits just fine

·
Registered
1,587 Posts
blacksnow, im guessing you purchased the custom header for the frank k24/k20 correct? Is it possible they custom made you one for a k20 block? How much of a difference is it in height from k20 block to k24? And for my own knowledge, is it completely necessary to have a custom header for k24/k20 swap or would any header work?

·
Registered
25,210 Posts
My buddy ran a Kidd header in his k20/24 setup and mark man if it wasn't bad luck ud have none from these guys

·
Registered
1,587 Posts
My buddy ran a Kidd header in his k20/24 setup and mark man if it wasn't bad luck ud have none from these guys
Say what? Sorry im confused... LoL

Sorry to change subject as Im interested in this aswell since I may be getting a go power custom header. I see you say you have a buddy that ran a kidd header in a frank swap, then I see bad luck, other than that im lost. lol So the kidd header didnt work?

·
Banned
2,150 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Go Power wants to test fitment on their shop car.

Amazing that the custom made header ASP made for me fit perfectly, but the Go Power doesn't.

·
Registered
25,210 Posts
Say what? Sorry im confused... LoL

Sorry to change subject as Im interested in this aswell since I may be getting a go power custom header. I see you say you have a buddy that ran a kidd header in a frank swap, then I see bad luck, other than that im lost. lol So the kidd header didnt work?
The kidd worked for my friends car. He had a k20 head and k24 block.. mark the guy that made this thread has no luck with go power. :shrug:

·
Registered
1,587 Posts
^^ Thanks for the info!

Hate to hear about all of this Mark. Hopefully Go-Power will get it all worked out for you very soon.

·
Registered
1,501 Posts
Honestly we had no idea this thread was even up and we responded to Mark the second we got into the office the day he was contacting us.

We've been in contact with Mark and have sent him a return label for the header for us to receive it back and check fitment.

If the header makes any kind of contact we will refund his money. We have no problem doing that.

We're still waiting for the header to be returned though.

- CJ

·
Registered
1,842 Posts
ahhh the problems with the internet. angry posts cannot be taken back, and now go power's name is tarnished.

·
Banned
2,150 Posts
Discussion Starter #17 (Edited)
Go Power has contacted me and wants to verify fitment of the header. I have been provided with a UPS label to ship the item back.

I am unsure why pictures weren't sufficient, however I have agreed to ship it back for test fitment.

Amazes me that I waited months for this header, then paid to have it ceramic coated only to find out it doesn't fit.

I had to pay ASP extra money to make a header for me in 1 day and have it overnighted. But guess what? It fits!

I will keep this thread open and update it once Go Power receives the header.

·
Registered
26,621 Posts
Why would you even remove your custom ASP header for a Go Power ?

Is it because of the increased K24 deck height or what ?

·
Banned
2,150 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Why would you even remove your custom ASP header for a Go Power ?

Is it because of the increased K24 deck height or what ?
No No.

I had a skunk2 header on my k20 setup. I purchased a go power for my k24 setup. Once I put the go power on and realized it didn't fit I paid ASP to make me a header and overnight it.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts