8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

621 - 640 of 645 Posts

·
Registered
6,518 Posts
I'll let the pro (Jeff) answer that one... but AFAIK, the oil passages differ between the A2 and A4, but not by much - so im told.

But IMHO, if you're going as far as to install new internals in the bottom end, then what difference does it really make?

·
Registered
1,501 Posts
Discussion Starter #626
Is this from a K24A2?

Im just asking because Ive seen other people build their swap with a K24A4 which is not nearly the same thing
Most blocks used lately have been a4.

I'll let the pro (Jeff) answer that one... but AFAIK, the oil passages differ between the A2 and A4, but not by much - so im told.

But IMHO, if you're going as far as to install new internals in the bottom end, then what difference does it really make?

When building them with new internals then the overall picture ends up the same.

However, from the factory, the a2 is a better pieces as it comes with higher compression, etc.

·
Registered
1,436 Posts
what will I need to do this when the car came with an R18? I had an Si which Jeff has worked on, silver Canadian fa5 but for many reasons I switched to an r18 with the plan to bump up the power later. But the more I read the more I realize this may not be a simple motor swap..

·
Registered
7,091 Posts
what will I need to do this when the car came with an R18? I had an Si which Jeff has worked on, silver Canadian fa5 but for many reasons I switched to an r18 with the plan to bump up the power later. But the more I read the more I realize this may not be a simple motor swap..

Had an Si. Got an R18 and now wants to swap in a K series... :think: :facepalm:

·
Registered
499 Posts
I'm now considering getting this for my daily instead of buying an extra car. Thanks for keeping these options available to us at such a great price.

·
Registered
1,501 Posts
Discussion Starter #639
Technically, if you made the stock header / cat piece work and used say an AEM CAI that keeps MAF and is CARB Legal, with good tuning - it should pass CA emissions.
Of course, visual may stop you if something gets wise to seeing K24 instead of K24 on the block stamp lol. Although not all of them can be seen depending on intake manifold, intake setup.

621 - 640 of 645 Posts