8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

601 - 620 of 645 Posts

·
Registered
13,652 Posts
in their first post the mention the header that is on their shop motor to understand what parts they're using to make the power they have listed. The 575 does not come with the kit standard. When I talked to them they said that you could fit the s2 header, bang out the firewall a bit and fit any normal civic headers, or you could buy their custom header, which I think was about 800+. They can comment on that specific.
**** I wish it was 800. They told me around $1050 or so. Plus I will have to buy the o2 extensions. I'll probably still go this route however.

This is also what they said to me in email
"The 575 header does not work with the k24 bottom end. That would require either a custom header or a Skunk2 header with a sizeable dent in your firewall."

·
Registered
7,091 Posts
I honestly dont know how the S2 will work when people are claiming its hitting the firewall with the stock K20. Fawk banging on the firewall to make this work. :facepalm: Ghetto as hell.

·
Registered
25,210 Posts
:love: this

·
Registered
1,742 Posts
I have a question. if I go for the GO Power K24 and a Full-Race GT30R, if I were to have a 19mm spacer added between the turbo and the manifold, then in theory the downpipe should fit flawlessly to the catback, correct?

or, what exactly is the spacer that Full-Race can supply if you mention to them that you're installing the kit on a K24? is it the same thing as what I just mentioned?

·
Registered
1,501 Posts
Discussion Starter #610
I have a question. as usual I'm intoxicated and not thinking all that clearly but I just sat and read this entire thread. if I go for the GO Power K24 and a Full-Race GT30R, if I were to have a 19mm spacer added between the turbo and the manifold, then in theory the downpipe should fit flawlessly to the catback, correct?

or, what exactly is the spacer that Full-Race can supply if you mention to them that you're installing the kit on a K24? is it the same thing as what I just mentioned?

I don't know exactly what kind of spacer full-race supplies, but IN THEORY, it seems like it would work. However, even with the taller deck height, there should still be room to maneuver 19mms to make it work as-is.

·
Registered
3,685 Posts
Say I bought the k24 crate. What are the numbers if I put on my stock K20 head?
SAE numbers for i/h/e/fp
vs
SAE numbers for stock K24/20

Anyone have this info?

·
Registered
3,308 Posts
I went with the 11.1:1 compression when I did this swap and I picked up about 40 hp and about 35 tq, there is more to be had with 12.5:1 compression pistons as well.

·
Registered
3,685 Posts
^^^^^

With what mods that made your specs bump up 40whp/35wtq? If the stock SI has 180whp, your current stock intake, no header, no exuast, no flashpro would be 220whp?

And if you have i/h/e/fp and dyno'd --say 215whp you had 255 with your current i/h/e/ and the tune on fp?

·
Registered
3,308 Posts
^^^^^

With what mods that made your specs bump up 40whp/35wtq? If the stock SI has 180whp, your current stock intake, no header, no exuast, no flashpro would be 220whp?

And if you have i/h/e/fp and dyno'd --say 215whp you had 255 with your current i/h/e/ and the tune on fp?
Mods prior to the install: I/H/ 3" exhaust/TSX TB/ Cams/ RDX Injectors/ FP : on Jeff's dyno I was about 205 whp / 160ish tq(dyno reads low but is accurate for gains, edyno I was 235 ish with these mods)

Same mods with a different header as my previous one would not fit, I was 245 whp 190 tq after the install of the k24 and 11.1:1 pistons, edyno likewise was 275, about same increase for both methods.

Trap speed for 1/4 was 99mph with previous setup and is now 104-105mph which is indicative of the power increase as well(its about 10-12 whp more per mph increase from what I have been told).

·
Registered
1,742 Posts
hey another question, is an overbore an option for these crates? I see that CP sells a .080" overbore 9.0:1 compression piston set for a K24 with a K20A2/A3 head but it says nothing about the Z3 head for any of their sizes or compressions. I want a good compression for boost but I want as much low down torque as possible as well so I'm looking for the best way to achieve that, which is why I ask about having it bored out.

601 - 620 of 645 Posts