8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
760 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So i have a Xenon Depot 35w 4300k and i have been having major issues with people flashing me. I have aimed the headlights down to the point where i can see the cutoff on the ground yet people still flash me.

The question i ask is there a difference between different brands of HID's or color (4300k vs 6000k) in terms of glare? I've seen many 8thcivic with a bluish light with no glare at all, i assuming they are running either 6000k or 8000k. I'm tired of blinding people and getting flashed at, i'd like to get another pnp kit if it helps in terms of improving the glare, whether it be a higher color (6000k) or a different brand of kit (DDMTuning)

Thanks for your input!

·
Registered
3,632 Posts
Get D2R bulbs as it will give you the least amount of glare. There are a few types out there. Do a search on google.

·
Registered
760 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thing is, when i compare my lights to other 8thcivic pnp lights there isnt much glare in theirs as there is in mine.

·
Registered
3,632 Posts

You probably have these... D2S bulbs.

This is more of what you need to get rid of the glare. I have almost no glare, but I'm also running OEM Denso ballasts with re-based Philips D2R bulbs.

Thing is, when i compare my lights to other 8thcivic pnp lights there isnt much glare in theirs as there is in mine.

·
Registered
28,275 Posts
55w bulbs will glare more than 35w bulbs.

I have the same brand 35w 5000k bulbs and have not gotten flashed. :think:

Maybe because you have 4300k they think you have your high beams on, due to the yellowness of the light.

·
Registered
1,531 Posts
4300K is not yellow....unless you have china made hid kits...I don't see yellow lights when I drive my OEM Philips 4300K 85122+ bulb lights...

·
Registered
28,275 Posts
You're not understanding me. HID lights come in a range of colors.

4300k is in the yellow-white range.
5000k is in the blue-white range.
6000k is in the blue range.

Etc.

Natural daylight is the product of sunrays refracted through our atmosphere, causing the light we see to appear within the blue-white range. (hence why the sky appears blue)

In this sense, 4300k appears more yellow than natural light.

·
Registered
760 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
I'm guessing you have one of those ebay type kits. You would have to buy the type with that would fit your kit.
Not quite sure what you mean, arent all HID kits for out 8th gen civics 9006 base bulbs?

Im looking to buy some D2R bulbs and a 9006 base, will i have to modify it in any way?

·
Registered
8,241 Posts
4300K is not yellow....unless you have china made hid kits...I don't see yellow lights when I drive my OEM Philips 4300K 85122+ bulb lights...
:yeahthat:
You're not understanding me. HID lights come in a range of colors.

4300k is in the yellow-white range.
5000k is in the blue-white range.
6000k is in the blue range.

Etc.

Natural daylight is the product of sunrays refracted through our atmosphere, causing the light we see to appear within the blue-white range. (hence why the sky appears blue)

In this sense, 4300k appears more yellow than natural light.
I know where you are coming from, but the 4300k HID's that look yellow are probably cheap ebay HID's. I have Philips bulbs with a 55w ballast and well...You saw what they look like.

1 - 20 of 33 Posts