8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
760 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So i had installed my 4300k Hids 2 months ago at factory height aimed head lights. I've had multiple people flash me so i decided to lower them a bit, however people kept flashing me. Now my head lights are pointed so low its hard for me to see ahead of me, i can literally see the cut off on the floor. And at this point there is still glare, wtf? People state that their HID's cause little glare in the 8th Civic housing but not in my case. I really don't wanna spend the extra $800 on a retro but i may just have too. What are your thoughts? Lets keep it real now, if you know your blinding people just admit it. :dancing:

If it helps, my bulbs are seated properly and i am running a 35w Xenon Depot 4300k Volt kit.

·
Registered
28,275 Posts
I've had 5000k bulbs for about a month, and not a single flash...i don't know why you are getting flashed.

The glare from our housings does not go straight, but to the sides.

·
Banned
3,392 Posts
I have a 55w 6000k kit from ddm tuning, and yes I have glare, but have not gotten high beamed once. My glare isnt too bad, about the same that I've seen out of normal halogen housings with halogen bulbs, it's just more noticeable because of the color of the bulbs.

·
Banned
306 Posts
Our stock reflective lens headlights are not designed for HIDs. The HIDs are far brighter that the stock bulbs, intensifying the glare. The only answer is to get projectors. This will limit the glare and create a nice, clean cut-off line. A lot of people run HIDs in reflective housings but like the OP said, it causes glare and disturbs other drivers.

·
Registered
8,241 Posts
Our stock reflective lens headlights are not designed for HIDs. The HIDs are far brighter that the stock bulbs, intensifying the glare. The only answer is to get projectors. This will limit the glare and create a nice, clean cut-off line. A lot of people run HIDs in reflective housings but like the OP said, it causes glare and disturbs other drivers.
Exactly, you will have glare no matter how much you try to lower you headlights. Retrofit FTMFW

·
Registered
28,275 Posts
The stock cutoff is pretty nice. There is not really any forward glare, but only side-ways glare. Obviously it is not as nice as a retro, but it is a lot better than most stock setups.

·
Registered
2,370 Posts
Just switch back to regular bulbs. If it bothers you that much and you can't get usable light out of the HID kit from proper aiming, I would just switch back to halogen.

·
Registered
1,531 Posts
not all china made hid kits are same quality...people don't realize that they are blinding other people just because they don't get flashed...

side-ways glare is glare...it's bothersome to other drivers....

retro doesn't cost alot of money...I spent $350 for mine including headlights....no fogging through many carwashes and rainy days...

1 - 8 of 8 Posts