8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So i was pulling into my garage quickly last night and scuffed the body kit (side skirt) on the side of the garage. This left two nice white paint steaks in on the clear coat and a bad feeling in my gut. I went out this morning to check it out in the daylight. Luckily it was just a smear, but it did not wipe off. The my wife had a stupid idea. "Why don't you use one of the Magic Erasers on it". Sounded like a stupid idea to me. Then i remember she had white paint on her protege from going under a broken barrier at a parking garage (i swear we don't need driving lessons). So i tested it out on her car and it reduced them to mere "scuffs" - ie; you can't see the white paint, but the clear is scuffed.

I used it on the civic too. It did the trick - which is all i could really ask for. The paint mark is gone, just a scuff on the clear (barely) remains. Follow up with wash (eventhough it was 28 degrees outside - bucket wash) and when it's warmer wax/buff/massage). Anyway - i wanted to give props to this product. It made the pain of running my car into the garage a bit less awful - at least until i find out what the side effect of using this on a car is HA HA

·
Registered
480 Posts
So i was pulling into my garage quickly last night and scuffed the body kit (side skirt) on the side of the garage...
...I remember she had white paint on her protege from going under a broken barrier at a parking garage (i swear we don't need driving lessons).
:police: Can I see your drivers licence and registration please? lol

Hey my wife backed her 05 tC into a mailbox (and she knew it was there :eek:mg:). I had to get new tail lights for the right side.

O well. Glad to here your Magic Erasers are working.

·
Registered
79 Posts
the magic erasers are very caustic wash it off the paint ASAP or it will damage the paint worse than the scuff.
They are caustic enough to burn skin!
a little boy touched one to his face and he had chemical burns within minutes!

·
Scrodums
9,486 Posts
I personally love Meguiar's Scratch-X. Someone knicked my rear bumper in a parking lot and left this long diagonal black scratch along my bumper. I washed the car, used elbow grease with Scratch-X and it looks good as new.

·
Registered
376 Posts

·
Wegue Wegue
12,785 Posts
the magic erasers are very caustic wash it off the paint ASAP or it will damage the paint worse than the scuff.
They are caustic enough to burn skin!
a little boy touched one to his face and he had chemical burns within minutes!
Nice the parents left that out for him to play with, did he drink their bleach and any other cleaning products.

Really, some parents just don't get it, toxins, cleaning products should be kept out of the reach of children, heck, even some adults shouldn't touch that crap.

Alway swear gloves when handling cleaning products.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.