8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ever since the last oil change at Jiffy Lube...let me start....my car for it's first time ever started popping on and off the oil sensor light. Logically I check oil...it's full. I thought ok...oil pump? She still purrs... She then starts and an engine light a few weeks later so I have the code pulled...timing! Now she just won't start. Is this too expensive to bother with...could it be something simple...idk. i do know after this last oil change she chocked to death. Any advice?

·
Super Moderator
2,021 Posts
I'm thinking it's something simple and cheap. Take it to the dealer, I'm sure they will know what is going on. Ask them what is the matter and what needs replacing. Then, take it to an indy shop to have it fixed. These are great cars, mine has 290,000 miles.

·
Registered
6 Posts
It could be possible that when jiffy lube did your oil change they used conventional oil instead of full-synthetic oil.

·
Registered
189 Posts
Ever since the last oil change at Jiffy Lube...let me start....my car for it's first time ever started popping on and off the oil sensor light. Logically I check oil...it's full. I thought ok...oil pump? She still purrs... She then starts and an engine light a few weeks later so I have the code pulled...timing! Now she just won't start. Is this too expensive to bother with...could it be something simple...idk. i do know after this last oil change she chocked to death. Any advice?
The basic things that go wrong with an oil change are

1. Excess quantity of oil
2. Using a wrong grade of oil, basically a thicker oil

I also read elsewhere recently that these quick low cost oil change lube services are often not doing a good job and even cheating customers at times.

Sent from my SM-A505F using Tapatalk

·
Registered
20 Posts
If you are able to turn a wrench, please do your own oil changes from now on. Most shops can't be trusted these days.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts