8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
6,954 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
I cringe every time I see someone willing to plunk down the extra thousands some dealers are charging over MSRP, when a few hours on the phone, sending emails, or god-forfend, getting in your car and driving a few towns away, will more than likely yield a Honda dealer who is not charging over MSRP.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Janizary said:
$200 off MSRP. Below MSRP on the Si out the door (as in sub $19,900 'all in') would be quite awesome, but I don't think it is going to happen any time soon.

However, getting even a slightly below MSRP quote is proof positive that not all dealers are charging assinine MPAs (Premiums) on their Si sales. I cringe every time I see someone willing to plunk down the extra thousands some dealers are charging over MSRP, when a few hours on the phone, sending emails, or god-forfend, getting in your car and driving a few towns away, will more than likely yield a Honda dealer who is not charging over MSRP.
Indeed! ya know, this is very motivating for me. You actually set my standard in what i wanted; $200 under msrp with free summer tires. I know, sounds optimistic, but i will not settle for less. Janizary, where are you located btw? i will be willing to drive a couple of states, and if i have to, even fly out there and drive back. As i've said before, i called 30 or so dealerships and have found 3 that will deal at msrp. but i want more damn it! :rockwoot: so cal kinda sucks though, because people will pay dealer mark up for a while. We got a lot of honda heads here in socal. if it is honda, they want it regardless of cost. (finally honda makes something i want and can afford!)

any search engines that can find honda dealerships in a 200+ mile radius? Or if anyone knows any good dealerships/salesmen that would entertain my proposal, please let me know, i'll call em tomorrow to work something out. I'm looking for nighthawk black specifically too.

---Colin-

·
Registered
1,672 Posts
Sweet man! this give me hope that i can find mine for at or below msrp! so far the lowest i got was $21,540.00 out the door.... i think i want to a little lower... but i want my white si NOW!!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
6,954 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I did get my VIN this morning. Confirmed it is a "2" VIN with production in Alliston, Canada. The car completed production on last Thursday with an estimated delivery date (currently) of December 20th.

Abolition, you can search on the Honda site, however, you will just need to get a random zip code from one of the zip code sites for major cities out to the 200 mile radius. From SoCal that would be (outside of Calif) Phoenix (little more than 200 miles I believe), Tucson (same), Vegas (about 220 I think), St. George, and more, just pick a city off a map, get a zip code and do a search on the honda site.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Janizary said:
I did get my VIN this morning. Confirmed it is a "2" VIN with production in Alliston, Canada. The car completed production on last Thursday with an estimated delivery date (currently) of December 20th.

Abolition, you can search on the Honda site, however, you will just need to get a random zip code from one of the zip code sites for major cities out to the 200 mile radius. From SoCal that would be (outside of Calif) Phoenix (little more than 200 miles I believe), Tucson (same), Vegas (about 220 I think), St. George, and more, just pick a city off a map, get a zip code and do a search on the honda site.
ahh man take pictures when ya get it!!! i'm excited.

I took your advice and spent the past hour on the honda website, putting in different states/zip codes and sending out my request for quotes from dealers. I did a total of 103 dealers. (checked my email account for the confirmations :thumb: ). Already got a call back half through the emailing process..

The salesman said though, that he can't sell at msrp and that the dealers only get 1 a month.

Now i know this isn't true. but are they really THAT limited? I keep seeing, posted on other forums, that only 15,000 are being made for 06'. Sure the car is new and hot, but i mean.. in my email i just asked for a black SI with the summer tires thrown on for free. The once i'm there, i'll negotiate price.

If anyone has any dealers they could suggest to me, or better yet, a salesperson that would be flexible and willing to make a deal like this, please let me know. Distance is not a problem ;)

---Colin-

just talked to a bunch of dealers on the phone that have called. :eek: a dealer in washington (i think?) said he'll do it. Black SI with the summer tires, sold at base MSRP. I told him, once he gets a VIN for a car that meets it, to shoot me an email or call and let me know. hopefully soon? :rockwoot:

·
Registered
6,954 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Visited the dealer today to double check on delivery, and updated pricing on HFP parts.

Still looking at the 20th for delivery, though it could be as early as the 16th if the truck keeps its current schedule.

Still no pricing on the HFP springs/struts. Although I know they will not be available until April, if I purchse them now they are covered under the factory warranty for the car (including extended warranty).

·
Registered
155 Posts
My dealer just informed me that my silver SI has been assembled and a VIN has been assigned. They're telling me that they've been given Dec 26th through 30th as expected delivery dates. I hope it get to me before
the 25th. He said it'll initially be carried on train and then put on a truck in Winston Salem, NC.

·
Premium Member
6,940 Posts
CiscoBoy said:
My dealer just informed me that my silver SI has been assembled and a VIN has been assigned. They're telling me that they've been given Dec 26th through 30th as expected delivery dates. I hope it get to me before
the 25th. He said it'll initially be carried on train and then put on a truck in Winston Salem, NC.
Did you order navi?

·
Registered
155 Posts
No, I did not. It was the one Honda had alotted my dealer already so I didn't even get to pick the color. They said they're only getting 2 more between now and March. I couldn't wait that long plus I couldn't justify spending $1,700 on a navigation system.

·
Premium Member
7,195 Posts
CiscoBoy said:
Hey this sounds very familer!!!But maybe you will get yours.

·
Registered
155 Posts
Janizary said:
Still looking at the 20th for delivery, though it could be as early as the 16th if the truck keeps its current schedule.
Janizary,
Where are you located? Mine got built day after yours got built and I'm curious if mine will get to me a couple of days sooner than expected delivery date.

·
Registered
45 Posts
If you have a Vin, you can call the transport company and find out where your car is.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts