8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2009 Honda Civic EX Coupe
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've owned my R18 coupe for about 2.5 years now and I've put a short-ram air intake from HPS Performance on it. I want to eventually make my car much more sporty but i understand there is only so much you can do with this engine. So where to I go from here?

·
Registered
1,509 Posts
Your statement is false and I hate the way you worded that. I have a Built R18 coupe. Just watch my youtube videos. all parts you can want are made for this car. From a supercharger or turbo kit to BBK kits to built engines built transmissions tuning options dress up mods i mean what are you looking for. even a short shifter. so you can built this car anyway you like.

My car has a host and i mean a host of mods done to it. from complete carbon fiber interior custom steering wheel short shifter turbo kit Meth injection BBK kit every single suspension part upgraded you name it I have it. working on built transmission now.

The question is never parts the question is how much are you actually trying to spend and be real about your budget. yes you can always save up for parts for sure just how much you trying to put into this power appearance mods what gives???

·
Registered
06FG2 736.72whp/[email protected] e85/ FA1-R18 Daily FTW
5,691 Posts
The R18 is not the engine of choice with these cars but you can still make the car a little more aggressive. For example suspension, brakes and wheel and tire upgrades. Is the car at least manual?

·
Registered
1,509 Posts
auto or manual does not matter really. in newer cars maybe but for 8th gen not really. again all depends what he is actually trying to do. He has not stated nor returned to his own thread he made. What do you call aggressive??? are you implying because it a 1.8 engine?? that would be stupid you can build the bottom end and there you go. Or if you really need that .2 displacement you can sleeve the block or even do a r20 bottom end swap. so you can make your crazy horsepower for as i say a unreliable car. After 500 most cars are completely unsafe not streetable/fun break more parts then its worth list goes on but can be done.

Lets first see what the OP is after he might just want to make the car look different not wanting power mods or he may want a all around performer

·
Registered
5,691 Posts
True we don't know what he's looking to do i was just trying to list some stuff that could be done to the car and that the k20 motor can make more power without breaking the bank.

·
Registered
1,509 Posts
lol yes they do k20 can break the bank. but people under estimate the r18a. motor is perfect for boost but like any motor you need to do a built bottom end if your shooting for power. All motors are expensive man. when you do actual mods to them. not just a exhaust and intake. Most turbo/supercharge kits are 3000 and up and we both know you need alot more then just that to run any kit fueling exhaust tuning options gauges list goes on to make it safe and mean MONEY GOES UP

·
Registered
5,691 Posts
I own a turbo FG2 with over 700whp trust me I know it can get expensive. I was just trying to say that with simple bolt ons the k20 is a better platform the r18 was simply a gas friendly commuter engine off the plant. Anything can be built with enough money and time.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts