8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Quail Man!
28,317 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
well..my dads friend opened up a powdercoating business and said i would get a big discount since i could bring him some business. so first, im getting my exhaust tip and brake calipers powdercoated black. not sure if i wanna get the honda stickers or not for the calipers though.

anyone have any more ideas of what to get powdercoated? i know rims but im waiting til i find some rims that i like for cheap.

so. one idea i had was..the hood. get it powdercoated black on my ASM. if it turns out to look like crap i know someone selling their asm hood that i could get, but i think id like it. i got some rock chips that are rusting so thats 1 reason i wanna do it.

what you guys think? any new ideas?

·
Quail Man!
28,317 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
get your valve cover powder coated wrinkle red
erm..
i have the EX which means i cant.
intake manafold
erm..i dont wanna take my car totally apart for this..and im not really interest in engine stuff. since i have an ex lol

License plate. :D
do you mean the actual plate..or just the frame? im looking for a plate frame with the backwards C to get done..but i cant find one :( help? i have the CIVIC one with chrome and black lettering. id just get him to acid bath it to take the paint off the lettering. then powdercoat it and leave the letters silver

·
Registered
11,923 Posts
I was just kidding. But I meant THE license plate. ;)

You can powder coat the valve cover, right? Even though it's an EX, it's removable....
Hood and roof would be SICK powdercoated. Especially, as Cel said, black chrome.

·
Quail Man!
28,317 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
why doesnt it sound like good idea?

hes got an oven big enough to fit a motorcycle in. im sure he got it big enough for our hood. i havnt seen the shop but i will in the next few days, and look at some of his work. my dad told me about about one color that sounds amazing. black base coat, with a color ontop of that (im thinking blue). he said that in certian light the top color can be seen. sounds sweet, but i think he has one that i can see when i go to his shop. ill take pics too.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.