8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
275 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok so heres the deal, a friend of mine has some rays and im thinking about coppin them, but i need to know if a staggered fit will work 17-8.5 with 40mm offset for the front and a 17-8.5 with 30mm offset in the back, will this work??? thanks for all the help!:eek:hnoes:

btw i have skunk 2 springs and do any of you think there will be rubbing?

·
Registered
1,226 Posts
you have a FWD civic correct? Why would you want to put a staggered fitment meant for a RWD car on your vehicle. That is just plain 'ol stupid IMO.

·
Registered
1,226 Posts
its a dumb idea to consider on a FWD that has less that 200hp.

·
Registered
1,226 Posts
get an older civic and somehow put the crv drive train in it. Now, if we didn't have a uni-body it would be so much easier..... just think of the possibilities.:lildevil: Now if I'm not mistaken, wasn't there a small amount of AWD integra's produced for Pike's Peak though?

·
Registered
13,283 Posts
its a dumb idea to consider on a FWD that has less that 200hp.
How so? Auto xers with 115 hp civics do it to get more rotation out of their cars (the bigger tire up front thing).

I don't think the 8.5 with the +30 offset will fit in the front with your car that low even with a rolled fender. My old 18 x 7.5 +45 with 225 tires on it rubbed the lip of the fender on big bumps. I know its a taller tire, but its not as wide and with the 8.5 in wide wheel, you should be running at least a 245 tire on there. Any smaller will be to stretched.

·
Registered
440 Posts
I have a strong feeling that you will get some rubbing somewhere. I have 18 X 8.5 Gram Lights with a 45mm offset and there is less that 1/2" between the tire & strut and about the same between the tire & outside of the wheel well. A 45mm offfset splits the extra inch of wheel width (1/2" to the inside & 1/2" to the outside.) A 30mm & 40mm offset will likely get you some rubbing, especially with Skunk springs (I'm dropped on the HFP suspension BTW.)

·
Registered
1,226 Posts
How so? Auto xers with 115 hp civics do it to get more rotation out of their cars (the bigger tire up front thing).

I don't think the 8.5 with the +30 offset will fit in the front with your car that low even with a rolled fender. My old 18 x 7.5 +45 with 225 tires on it rubbed the lip of the fender on big bumps. I know its a taller tire, but its not as wide and with the 8.5 in wide wheel, you should be running at least a 245 tire on there. Any smaller will be to stretched.
the problem being, he isnt getting these to be an "auto xer" he wants them as daily driving wheels which would be stupid IMO. Sorry its completely impractical to stagger the wheels on a civic.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts