8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner
  • Hello Everyone! Let us know what you would spend a $50 Amazon gift card on, HERE For a chance to win a $50 Amazon Gift Card!
1 - 20 of 273 Posts

·
Registered
1,908 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I hate either flashing, honking, or riding someone's ass to get them to change lanes.

The other day I thought about switching out my high beams (never use them unless passing) for some police strobes. What do you think?

·
Premium Member
30,957 Posts
So I hate either flashing, honking, or riding someone's ass to get them to change lanes.

The other day I thought about switching out my high beams (never use them unless passing) for some police strobes. What do you think?
illegal

·
Registered
1,995 Posts

I think it would be kinda funny to see the look on there face if they think there is a cop behind them. :lildevil:

·
Premium Member
30,957 Posts
You're, um, kidding, right? I think it's illegal.

However, a snowplow scoop might work much better. Then you really don't have to slow down! :laughing:
:rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

·
Registered
412 Posts
This works for me

My driving technique includes the ability to place the front bumper of my car less than 3 inches behind the bumper of the car in front of me. I can do this consistently at speeds up to 90 mph.

I also have installed a pair of Boeing 747 landing lights in housings on either side of the A pillar of the car. These 200,000 candle power lights announce my impending arrival to drivers ahead. Vehicles up to 30,000 feet ahead will feel the warmth of the lights as well as the brilliance of the illumination as I approach.

Lastly, I have adapted an air-horn from a GE AC4400 turbo-diesel electic locomotive by mounting the main horns longitudinally under the front bumper, and the compressor power pack in the trunk. These horns announce my presence to drivers who may be visually impaired. They pack 145db of loud goodness which will insure attention from all. Used in concert with a 3 inch vehicle separation assures that the other driver acknowledges my urgency to proceed unencumbered.

These skills and tools have encouraged most other drivers to yield the lane immediately for my passage. I highly recommend this system.

·
Registered
1,995 Posts
My driving technique includes the ability to place the front bumper of my car less than 3 inches behind the bumper of the car in front of me. I can do this consistently at speeds up to 90 mph.

I also have installed a pair of Boeing 747 landing lights in housings on either side of the A pillar of the car. These 200,000 candle power lights announce my impending arrival to drivers ahead. Vehicles up to 30,000 feet ahead will feel the warmth of the lights as well as the brilliance of the illumination as I approach.

Lastly, I have adapted an air-horn from a GE AC4400 turbo-diesel electic locomotive by mounting the main horns longitudinally under the front bumper, and the compressor power pack in the trunk. These horns announce my presence to drivers who may be visually impaired. They pack 145db of loud goodness which will insure attention from all. Used in concert with a 3 inch vehicle separation assures that the other driver acknowledges my urgency to proceed unencumbered.

These skills and tools have encouraged most other drivers to yield the lane immediately for my passage. I highly recommend this system.

LMAO :rotfl:

·
Registered
4,100 Posts
Ok here my take on this issue, mostly pretaining to interstate travel in my area.

I usually travel around 10 mph over the posted 70 mph limit, usually in the left lane. But it always seems no matter how fast you go there is always some fool that wants to pass you and wants you to get over.

Well i just laugh at them. IF im going to cruise at 10 mph over the posted limit in the fast lane then ill be damed if im going to move over for some jackass that wants to pass me just so he can go 20 mph over the posted limit.

Sorry lol, if you get behind me your just **** out of luck.

·
Registered
3,294 Posts

holy shitttttt

·
Registered
3,232 Posts
Once I was pulling out of somewhere at night and a driver passed me with his lights off. I pulled out of the gas station and since I was behind him I flashed by high beams at him hoping that it would let him know his lights were off.....

For some reason, I flashed them repeatedly so fast, it was almost like a strobe. He thought I was a cop and started to pull over to the side of the road. I could see he was shaking his head and making hand gestures all pissed off that he was being pulled over.

I just drove by as he stopped. D:

If I'm already doing 80 in a 70 and some ricer pulls up on my ass to hurry me, I'm not going anywhere. I'm guessing this is where all these rock chip complaints come from? People tailgating? I have 6,000 miles on my car and only 2 rock chips from a dump truck that was like 300 feet ahead of me dropping 2 inch diameter rocks.

·
Registered
412 Posts
Ok here my take on this issue, mostly pretaining to interstate travel in my area.

I usually travel around 10 mph over the posted 70 mph limit, usually in the left lane. But it always seems no matter how fast you go there is always some fool that wants to pass you and wants you to get over.

Well I just laugh at them. IF im going to cruise at 10 mph over the posted limit in the fast lane then ill be damed if im going to move over for some jackass that wants to pass me just so he can go 20 mph over the posted limit.

Sorry lol, if you get behind me your just **** out of luck.
/Edit/ changes to paragraph 3 & 4 to de-dumbassify it:

Well i just scoot over into the right lane as soon as practical and let them pass, then get back to getting on. IF im going to cruise at 10 mph over the posted limit in the fast lane then if I'm going to be the first move over for my fellow jackass who can do me one better at 20 mph over the posted limit.

Sorry lol, if I'm in your way, just wait, I'll move ASAP

/-end edit-/
:thumb:

1 - 20 of 273 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.