8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 20 of 56 Posts

·
Registered
11,919 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ah, I'm farkin' excited! I don't even have them yet, and I'm just aching to get them! Got them both on eBay, but both are trusted sellers -- so we'll see how that pans out. Ordered my camera on Monday, just won the lens (used, but looked to be pretty darn good condition). I wanted to jump around screaming, since I got it $30 LESS than I bid on for another 28-105...

The lens is the japanese USM II version, with seven aperture blades and the slightly better macro...can't wait!

·
Registered
11,919 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
truflip said:
Nice! Did you save a lot on the body from eBay? new or used?
New camera + used lens.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=320148946137&ssPageName=STRK:MEWN:IT&ih=011
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=290150823052&ssPageName=STRK:MEWN:IT&ih=019

:) :D :thumb:

I was already scouting out some shoot locations on the way home from watching Superbad! I got some cool ideas that just might work, but I'll have to jack my friend's speedlite for the night. ;)

·
VIP Member
12,350 Posts
I like Long shutter + medium flash. It looks really cool!
Better yet, try it with HDR ;)
Thanks for the links. I might lookout for that same seller for a lens

·
Registered
11,919 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I saw the press release right after I purchased my 30D for the 40D. :( But, it's okay. This will be a keeper camera, but those features would have been nice -- but I don't think retail price for that is in my cards. I got the 30 at a good price.

But, I also know what you mean. As soon as I heard 40D, I immediately felt buyer's remorse. ...Now, if only I can afford that 20mm f1.8....

·
Registered
11,919 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
It's coming in Friday! :( I guess that's what I get for being over-excited! Anyway, do any of you Canon-ites tried the Canon EF-S 10-22mm f/3.5-4.5 USM or have any samples? I really want to see this in action, as it would be an interesting zoom to have. Either this or the 17-55mm f2.8....

...Already looking at future lenses.... Sheesh!

·
Registered
91 Posts
Congrats!!

I've been really thinking of dumping my Nikon D200 for a 30D because I think they do the low light noise a little better. I shot High School basketball and some volley ball and the light conditions are usually horible. I've got a 85m1.4f lens for it but can only get 500speed at about 500 ISO.
I see cannon has a 85mm 1.2f that would be a sweet setup for me but I have so much invested in Nikon glass it would kill me.

Let us know how you like it.

You can see some of my stuff here.

http://www.pbase.com/brucelandry

Here is a shot with my 50mm f1.4, not too bad for sharpness.

·
Registered
6,059 Posts
"I've been really thinking of dumping my Nikon D200 for a 30D because I think they do the low light noise a little better. I shot High School basketball and some volley ball and the light conditions are usually horible."
not gonna help. there arent significant differences, if any. Canons tend to process high ISO images to be less sharp and that hides a little noise. Nikon doesnt really, and the hot pixels stay sharp and jump at you. you can make either one go the other way by adjusting sharpening levels.

but it doesnt really matter unless your making mega crops.

and you donot want to get a 1.4 lens because of the stupid shallow DOF. all itll do is focus faster. however that 85 f/1.4 is a fantastic lens for other uses.

are you using an external flash?

·
Registered
91 Posts
No flash, they do not like the flash going off during play.
I know what you mean about the shallow DOF with the 1.4 and I do have a lot of throw outs but I like the shutter speed I can get. I may try some off camera flash set off to the sides and see what they say. I have an SB800 and 600 so I may experiment.
Maybe I'll keep my money and get something for the car:lildevil:

1 - 20 of 56 Posts