8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner
1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
2,701 Posts
it's not worth $600 for the reflash...plus down time of your vehicle, plus your warranty being denied, plus you enjoying vtec so much that you misshift and blow your motor. A reflash should not cost so much!

·
Registered
200 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
it's not worth $600 for the reflash...plus down time of your vehicle, plus your warranty being denied, plus you enjoying vtec so much that you misshift and blow your motor. A reflash should not cost so much!
did this happen to you ? I know I worry about the warranty too, and I thought 600 was a bit high seeing as how there isnt even a kpro for it yet

any one else have a opinion? I was gonna buy this weekend, so I would love any info before i make up my mind:dance:

·
Hidy Ho Neighbor
29,707 Posts

·
Registered
2,701 Posts
no this didn't happen to me. I only have 12k on my Si and I would rather not screw up my warranty. Remember that the almost everything in your car can be related to your ecu...and can be blamed if it was reflashed.

·
Registered
574 Posts
For those that have had the reflash....did it help with the low rev hesitation???

I hate how much my car lags, jerks and hesitates in the low revs. I have CAI btw.

·
Registered
200 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
For those that have had the reflash....did it help with the low rev hesitation???

I hate how much my car lags, jerks and hesitates in the low revs. I have CAI btw.
if u are still under warranty there is a recall on that, they will update ur ecu and the rev hesitation pretty much is gone, if under warranty it will be covered.

·
Registered
3,632 Posts
If you mis-shift into the wrong gear at too high of speed, your motor will blow whether you have the reflash or not. The motor will physically/mechanically be over revved which cannot be stopped by the ecu.

·
Hidy Ho Neighbor
29,707 Posts
what parameters does the reflash modify?
If you read my link...

"The K20Z3-06Si reflash lowers the VTEC point to 4500 rpm, advances the cam angle and raises the rev limit to 8600 rpm.

We have implemented a VTEC window from 4500rpm to 5800 rpm.

Below 4500 rpm the K20Z3 is always on the low cam
Above 5800 rpm the K20Z3 is always on the high cam
Between 4500 rpm and 5800 rpm the K20Z3 is on the low cam at part throttle switching to the high cam at full throttle."

·
Registered
399 Posts
i wonder how the driving experience changes? any input? ,im thinking about do this to mine but if it comes with the kpro or comptech stage 2 ill wait

·
Registered
628 Posts
there is a review of the reflash just look for it. from what i have read its definately worth it. way more mid range power, it flys through the rpms, increased redline. way more fun to drive and better response. im getting it but not for a bit im gonna start saving.

·
Registered
4,011 Posts
I love how some people give their biased opinion about the reflash....yet have zero experience with it.

Is it worth it? Yes. Should you first get the I/H/E combo first? Yes. The reflash is worthwhile in itself, but really takes advantage of bolt-ons. I have it and love it.

·
Registered
390 Posts
tehcodeman did you feel a difference at all up top from my understanding it does nothing up top and really is no help as far as in a straight line because after 1st in astraight line you dont even use the midrange. I dont have it and will possibly is why Im asking

1 - 20 of 37 Posts