8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 20 of 90 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I don't have my mind set on a specific car yet though. I though that i'd come to 8th for advice. :)

I have a few cars in mind but am open to suggestions. First of all, I will be fixing my car up so a car with parts easy to come by is a plus. Second, I DO NOT want a muscle car. And thirdly, although I want my car to be sexy I also want it to be fast as I will be taking it to the track for races when my car is fast enough.

So heres the cars I have in mind:
- FG2 or FA5(FG2 preferred).
- WRX(i've read that the speed on it is amazing).
- G35 coupe(this one is iffy because most are priced really high, keeping in mind that i'm 16 and this will be my first car).
- Evo VIII/X
- IS-300(I would love to have this car in stickshift).
- Integra
- RSX
- RX8
- EG/EK's(i'm not sure which models are the best, I just know of 7's and 9's)
- 1999 Civic SI

I want a car that will push me into the back of my seat. All inputs appreciated. And please don't give me any of that "you should care what your first car is" bs because I plan to keep my car for many years.

·
Registered
5,595 Posts
Hmm your 16 get a geo metro 1.3!

·
Registered
88 Posts
I'd suggest you put the car under your parents name. Otherwise, insurance is going to backhand you every month.

With that said, if you're planning on keeping your car for years, I'd go with an FG2. They're cheap, parts are cheap, easy to maintain, and have great potential.

RX8's require too much maintenance, and unless you're 110% sure the previous owner took great care with it, I'd never jump into a used one. Evos and Subies are too high maintenance.

My second choice would actually be an IS300. They're incredibly hard to find with a manual tranny though. That would be followed by the RSX, and then EG/EK.

·
Registered
28,275 Posts
I don't have my mind set on a specific car yet though. I though that i'd come to 8th for advice. :)

I have a few cars in mind but am open to suggestions. First of all, I will be fixing my car up so a car with parts easy to come by is a plus. Second, I DO NOT want a muscle car. And thirdly, although I want my car to be sexy I also want it to be fast as I will be taking it to the track for races when my car is fast enough.

So heres the cars I have in mind:
- FG2 or FA5(FG2 preferred).
- WRX(i've read that the speed on it is amazing).
- G35 coupe(this one is iffy because most are priced really high, keeping in mind that i'm 16 and this will be my first car).
- Evo VIII/X
- IS-300(I would love to have this car in stickshift).
- Integra
- RSX
- RX8
- EG/EK's(i'm not sure which models are the best, I just know of 7's and 9's)
- 1999 Civic SI

I want a car that will push me into the back of my seat. All inputs appreciated. And please don't give me any of that "you should care what your first car is" bs because I plan to keep my car for many years.
Evo is the only one that'll push you in your seat.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #14 (Edited)
the answer to your question is 4
God I feel so stupid! How could I not have figured that out? D:

Good luck with insurance on an evo at 16.
The evo's weren't the only cars listed. But i'll take that as don't get an evo.

EG/EK for your age. :giggle:
Maybe, just maybe. I don't really want a hatchback tho.

is300 auto, manual for these suck when you turbo it.
Auto? No thanks. I don't want my car to put me to sleep. LOL. Why do you say that manual IS-300's suck? I want to see what you and popSicle have to say about that.

word that would be an insanely high premium.

Better of sticking with an EG/EK or why not an 8th gen?:wheee:
I keep coming back to 8th gens after I think about every other car. I've just read that they don't really push you back into your seat like a WRX does. And bone stock, be honest, aren't they a bit slow? Especially when driving passengers?

Hmm your 16 get a geo metro 1.3!
I believe this falls under this "And please don't give me any of that "you should care what your first car is" bs" Ahah.

Tbh, none of these cars will push you to the back of the seat.
From what i've heard, the WRX does.

get a eg and quit worrying about racing.
It's hard not to worry about racing when i've grown up around racing literally my whole life. Brothers a drifter for Drift Emporium down in Georgia, my friends are in a crew, cousins are in a crew, etc etc. Their crews are at the top of the game down in Vegas as well.

I'd suggest you put the car under your parents name. Otherwise, insurance is going to backhand you every month.

With that said, if you're planning on keeping your car for years, I'd go with an FG2. They're cheap, parts are cheap, easy to maintain, and have great potential.

RX8's require too much maintenance, and unless you're 110% sure the previous owner took great care with it, I'd never jump into a used one. Evos and Subies are too high maintenance.

My second choice would actually be an IS300. They're incredibly hard to find with a manual tranny though. That would be followed by the RSX, and then EG/EK.
First off, let me thank you for giving me hands down the best answer here.

Now for my reply. I was planning on getting a FG2 but i'd have to do what the majority of 8th does, and thats making around $300 payments a month for it.

How're they high maintenence?

Why would you pick the IS-300 second? I ask this because kaliguyz stated that turbocharged 300's(mt) suck. How are RSX's? I've been curious about the drive feel.

Keep in mind that your first car is going to end up being a dd 99% of the time.
DD? I'm not familiar with that term.

i vote the em1 ( '99 si).
Why is this?

What other cars would push me in my seat?

·
Registered
5,595 Posts
That is such a stupid statement. Evos dont push you in your seat hahaha. Have you been in an STI? those push you in your seat. STI's are better than EVOs.

1 - 20 of 90 Posts