8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
518 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So i decided i want a reflash now. I only have a header atm, but thats enough for the reflash to function properly. Im eventually gong to get and I/E but i REALLY hate the rev hang issue.

My first question how exactly do i send my ECU to hondata? Do i need to contact one of their dealers, and send it to them?

Will all my future mods be effected since i got hondata before them? Or do i just reset my ECU and it will eventually adapt to new mods i.e - intake, exhaust.

·
Registered
9,758 Posts
in the mail. overnight it so you wont be without a car forever. i bought mine thru drag race inc which is apart of crsx. they will send you everything you need. the were an awesome company to buy from. if i remember correctly it was to hondata.

i believe it will all learn your new mods from disconnecting the battery.

·
Registered
9,758 Posts
buy thru drag race inc and they will tell you what they want you to do. it was 560 for the reflash and 70 to overnight but that was from arkansas.

·
Registered
1,468 Posts
To everyone that got Hondata, is it just in your head that it reduces rev hang? I don't see why it would fix it...Are you one of the first 7000 SIs built in 2006?

If Hondata seriously alleviates rev hang, I'll move it up on my priority list for future mods

·
Registered
9,758 Posts
i am and i did not fix rev hang. i had the rev hang issue fixed at the dealership. it did not hang anymore after the dealership and it still does not hang with the hondata reflash. get the reflash. you will not have any problems.

·
Registered
4,613 Posts
Hondata has stated many times that they will NOT tamper with any rev hang issues, or tweak the DBW. I'm assuming this is because the rev hang is there for a reason - to burn more complete in the combustion chambers.

:D

·
Registered
1,969 Posts
Stupid question and I'm sure its been asked, but does Honda support the Hondata reflash. I guess this voids the vehicle's engine warranty......?
It doesn't void the engine warranty per se. The MM Act states they have to prove it caused the failure of a part. If something were to happen to your engine and your dealership wanted to stonewall you, however, they would have a lot of leverage.

·
Registered
5,279 Posts
ok what would i be looking at price wise..in buying a new ECU and reflashing it..
Remember if you buy a new ECU, you're going to need to get your keys updated for the new ECU.

Also for those that were asking about the rev hang: (taken directly from Hondata's website)

"Honda has released an upgrade for the 06 Civic Si ECU. As of August 1 2006 Hondata has incorporated these changes 06 Civic Si reflash. the 07 model incorporates this fix. Honda lists the problems addressed as:

Hesitation in first gear
RPM hang when shifting"

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.