8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,090 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've been trying to find out what sounds I like for the exhaust because I'm going to get a custom exhaust soon but I wanted to hear some peoples opinions. I love the sound of the megan exhaust and the skunk2 but since I'm going custom I wanted to know which muffler should I go with? Does anyone else on here have a custom exhaust on an LX other than the one guy in the exhaust thread? Also why don't many people get custom exhausts?

·
Registered
1,178 Posts
i have one for sale...custom catback exhaust with magnaflow muffler for the LX coupe...PM if u want the details..im in jacksonville

·
Registered
3,628 Posts
Custom exhaust is kinda expensive, and the material of regular muffler shop uses, get rust so quick. You might save $100.00 buck or spend the same, but you don't need a custom exhaust if you don't have a custom setup.

And depend how you define custom exhaust, if it's a universal muffler welded to stock pipe, that means the owner is cheap and want some loud sound.

You use custom exhaust if they don't make aftermarket exhaust for your setup.

·
Registered
3,628 Posts
but an ehaust that is welded on provides better performance than a bolt on. correct me if i'm wrong.

Even with the complete catback, exhaust won't give you much power. All i'm saying is you will save money just buying the whole catback. Tsudo catback for your car is only $220.00.

·
Registered
384 Posts
i have a 70mm for sale made it my self came out really good alot of ppl have hit me up about had complment that is sounds better then most in california

·
Registered
1,090 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
yes but in florida i don't have to pass emissions :dance:...soooo technically i don't need a cat back:eek:hsnap:...my jeep had no cats just dual straight pipes with flowmasters sounded very sexy. smelled like jet fuel when you got out of it though haha. i'm not planning on deleting the cat on my civic though possibly just the resonator and replacing the muffler and replacing the piping so it will flow better.

would removing the resonator make the car really loud? or would it sound rice? i'm going for a really deep tone thats loud but not overbearing.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts