8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2,735 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
So my car is in the shop right now, but I recently bought a DCRH for it and am going to buy a ws2 for a coupe to fit my sedan. Basically, the ws2 for coupe has a chopped up midpipe that's not welded together (resonator has been deleted) and I'm wondering

1. I'm in SD and I want to know if anybody knows a good place to get this thing welded to fit my sedan!
2. How much it should/would cost to get this installed and welded (since I assume I can't install myself since it has to be made to fit my car)
3. Do you know if this place is shady enough to also do my ninja cat (heat shield over dcrh). That would be nice since I'm hoping to save money by doing it at one place.

I'm looking for any suggestions, maybe even some in LA, but preferably SD. Thanks in advance! Just want to know how much I'm looking at doing all this and see if it's in my budget.

·
Registered
289 Posts
Yeah I agree with the previous poster without a carb exemption number which the dcrh does not have you will be in some trouble come emissions time or if a cop inspects. Right now your only choice is a shorty if you want to avoid trouble and the steep fines.

·
Registered
153 Posts
Dunno of any welding shops unfortunately but my suggestion is just put the dcrh on. Also, why would you buy an exhaust that does not fit your sedan and go through the hassles of chopping up a coupe version? A lot of companies makes exhaust for the sedans. just kinda curious...
Also Vibrant makes a header with a cat attached and you can put the stock catshield over that, if I am not mistaken.

·
Registered
2,735 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 · (Edited)
Apparently more people than I thought are running in cali catless with no problems. I honestly don't want to run with the dcrh and my dream is to own a vibrant w/ hfc, but the dcrh kind of fell in my lap (bought it 230 shipped).

Meanwhile, I bought the ws2 exhaust for the coupe because it was a good deal. Nobody sells it for the sedan on the forums, and I wasn't going to pay 6 bills for 4hp. I paid 340 shipped, might be 4 bills total after the install, but still...lot cheaper.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.