8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have been noticing since my transmission was pulled to replace 3rd gear and the 2nd 3rd synchros that about 10 different times now when i got to start the car, the starter turns and grinds but the car does not start. I have a feeling that they have efed up the teeth on the starter as well as the flywheel. I should know something next week.

·
Registered
673 Posts
Uh oh. Please update us because mine does this every now and then, and I HATE it when it happens. It's so infrequent though that I don't know how the dealer would deal with it if I took it to them.

·
Registered
2,976 Posts
Uh oh. Please update us because mine does this every now and then, and I HATE it when it happens. It's so infrequent though that I don't know how the dealer would deal with it if I took it to them.
Was your tranny fixed as well?

·
Registered
673 Posts
Nope, haven't had the tranny fixed. It wasn't really something that happened from day 1 either. It just randomly started happening, and doesn't happen that often. I'd say since I bought it in April '07, it's probably done that 3-4 times.

It truly is a God awful sound... :eek:hnoes:

·
Registered
2,976 Posts
Nope, haven't had the tranny fixed. It wasn't really something that happened from day 1 either. It just randomly started happening, and doesn't happen that often. I'd say since I bought it in April '07, it's probably done that 3-4 times.

Warranty FTW!

·
Registered
661 Posts

Not to make any asumptions, but the sound you're heaing isn't from continuing to crank the starter when the engine's already started is it?

That's the only way I have ever seen a starter make a very sporadic noise that could be described as god awful.
There are other ways that it could make terrible sounds, but I would think they'd be incredibly frequent.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.