8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 20 of 59 Posts

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Ok Well i wanted to start a thread so everyone to get together and post their problems or concerns with the Civic Si, Coupe or Sedan...

When you post, Let us know, Year, Milage & Coupe/Sedan... Then state your problem or concern, and how you got this problem solved, whether it was through the dealer, yourself or problem hasn't even been solved yet... Could the problem be caused due to modifications?

Also feel free to bring up stupid things you may not even think are issues with the car, maybe other people have the same issue and have found a solution...

Happy posting! :vtec: :vtec: :vtec:

Guys just letting you know, i got in contact with someone at honda and they are willing to review this thread, so i want to make it HUGE! Every problem that has ever come up with your civic must be posted!

Please let everyone with an Si know they must post here if they want to help be part of the solution!

Thanks!

·
Registered
5,818 Posts
here we go. 07 NBP Si coupe, 8k miles. 3rd gear occasionally nonexistent. problem not fixed. short shifter helped a lot. changing MTF at 10k

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
Guys just letting you know, i got in contact with someone at honda and they are willing to review this thread, so i want to make it HUGE! Every problem that has ever come up with your civic must be posted!

Please let everyone with an Si know they must post here if they want to help be part of the solution!

Thanks!

The only issue i have with the car is the availability, i cant find a Fiji blue, SiDan W/ Navi anywhere...

Other than that, the seats are going to be a bizatch to keep clean

·
Banned
6,166 Posts
I don't own one but just look around...

Cheap paint
Interior dash rattles
Interior scuff easy
Third gear grinds
Second gear grinds are starting to arise

Talk to Special Ringpop i'm sure he has a lot more.

·
Registered
11,832 Posts
I own one and yes what KingMarineM16a4 has to say is all true...
Cheap paint
Interior dash rattles
Interior scuff easy
Third gear grinds
Second gear grinds are starting to arise
Plus: Serpintine Belt pullies were replaced due to noise and the noise is back again.....

·
Registered
3,648 Posts
^^My crank pulley bolt worked itself loose and "warped the crank".
Result = new small block

Might want to keep an eye on that. It made a crazy clicking sound before hand.

Also defective bumper had to be replaced.

Paint is god aweful

3rd gear grinds of course.

·
Registered
11,889 Posts
NHBP Si Coupe 07, 10K

My Interior rattles like an old car ..caused by [possibly our race/stiff suspension]
2nd gear grinded 3 times, even when clutch was fully depressed... solution [Manual Transimission Fluid]
3rd gear popped out a few times...solution [Manual Transimission Fluid]
paint swirls all over, especially after carwash.... no solution
hard to shift properly, thanks to DBW and rev hang...... solution [reprogram ECU for the 2007 models]

i love this car....hopefully honda gets a fix for us.

·
Registered
3,652 Posts
07 Fiji Blue Coupe w/ 6k miles...
Paint is the worst I have ever seen on a Honda or most cars in general and when I tried to contact Honda about it they assured me they would call back (I called 6 times over a 2 week period) and I am still waiting to receive a call..
Interior Rattles especially the sunroof when its cold
3rd gear grinds occasionally and as stated above have had a problem with 2nd a few times
Interior is cheap and starting to fall apart

I hope a Honda rep sees this because I am very dissatisfied with the customer service I have received so far and I would really like it to be sorted out because I absolutely love this car..

·
Registered
8,014 Posts
::Sigh::: I love my car, but...

2007 FA5 w/ 5k miles.

1. Interior rattles all over
2. 3rd gear OF COURSE!
3. Bucks when cold (not my driving)

·
Registered
11,889 Posts
KingMarineM16a4 said:
NayilSi how is it hard to shift? I drive the Si all the time it is very easy to shift.
hard to shift as in....i cant get my shifts smooth 100%... the hang delay kills it.

·
Registered
71 Posts
Ill just keep argreeing with everyone here. I have the same problems.
07 NBP Sedan 5k. Front Right Suspension Pops, 3rd gear grind is a pain in the booty.

·
Premium Member
3,390 Posts
i hate the rattles of the sunroof it makes me feel like im driving a ten year old car not a car that has 10k on it. and ofcourse the usual, 3rd gear issue and bucking. i love this car soooooo much and so do the rocks from the road, the chips are everywhere, has anyone invested in a rockblocker or something like that for the hood?

·
Registered
5,595 Posts
My advice to you is don't waste your money on the SI. Honda did not improve anything for the 08 model year and don't expect anything improved on the civics by 09. Either Honda knows about the flaws and quality problems and they are ignoring them or they are currently fixing them but at this point i think Honda is completely ignoring them and/or doesn't care hell the 8th gen has been out for 2 years now!! thats more than enough time to improve the car.

·
Registered
14 Posts
That's part of the reason why I'm waiting. The other part is I'd like to save up enough cash to buy a new car out right and have been doing so since 06.

·
Registered
412 Posts
07 Si coupe 4600 miles. Suspension pops ( and im not part of the VIN #s that were recalled ::sigh::). 3rd gear grinds and/or pops out of gear. Thats about it.

1 - 20 of 59 Posts