8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ahhh...whenever i change gears now i hear a thud coming from the car...i know it's the gear's changing. so annoying..and its getting so notchy. i don't really have a 3rd gear problem where it grinds rather it's 2nd gear for me. no clue why but for some reason that's the hardest gear for me to smoothy shift into unless i feather it.

i was holding off on the MTF change to amsoil but now i think i'm going to have to :surrender:

off to the DIY forum i go....

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
DTNguyen107 said:
My 08 FG2 doesn't grind but gets alot of notchy-ness in shifting 3rd. 5th as well but not as much.

Mhmm...
Congrats on the 08. wow honda stinks. i wonder how the s2000 models are holding up with notchiness and grinding. i haven't grinded yet and i put about 6k on my 07. but the notchiness is unacceptable. sometimes i get locked out of 1st or 3rd but it's rare. no problems with 4th, 5th, and 6th.

i've been reading up on the MTF swap. it looks like it temporarily corrects the notchiness/grinding but is still intermittent.

wat the f? :party:

·
Registered
6,115 Posts
Special Ringpop said:
You can hear an audible thud, inside and out of the car when I shift sometimes.

Nice isn't it?

yup i get the thud for 2nd and 3rd. 5th is sometimes notchy. I've been lucky to not get any grinding though

·
Registered
198 Posts
I get the notchyness from 1st through 3rd. And i get locked out of second sometimes. I did the amsoil tranny fluid swap and it still does it.but not as much

·
Registered
5,595 Posts
I think Honda recycled the RSX Type-S transmission into the SI. The Si is nice,but its the shitty manual transmission that swayed me away from getting one. There are about 89-90%+ of Si owners that have this problem with their transmission,and,despite going to the dealer to fix it or adding MTF in it the transmission still has the problem,and half the time the owners of the Si's just either sell the Si or trade it in because they are too fed up and frustrated with the transmission in the SI. The problem lies with Honda,and them not fixing the problem in the first place from the RSX. Honda figures no one would know or care to notice it i guess,but if enough people petition a recall for the transmission then Honda might recall it and finally fix it. The R18 Manual doesn't have any problems or issues like the SI does.

·
Registered
15,516 Posts
06CivEXJon said:
I think Honda recycled the RSX Type-S transmission into the SI. The Si is nice,but its the shitty manual transmission that swayed me away from getting one. There are about 89-90%+ of Si owners that have this problem with their transmission,and,despite going to the dealer to fix it or adding MTF in it the transmission still has the problem,and half the time the owners of the Si's just either sell the Si or trade it in because they are too fed up and frustrated with the transmission in the SI. The problem lies with Honda,and them not fixing the problem in the first place from the RSX. Honda figures no one would know or care to notice it i guess,but if enough people petition a recall for the transmission then Honda might recall it and finally fix it. The R18 Manual doesn't have any problems or issues like the SI does.

:wavey: Count me in!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts