8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

341 - 355 of 355 Posts

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #344
Sorry Guys, we have been in the process of moving servers and merchant accts and a lot of our info is hard to get (credit cards). If you guys could help us by calling in w the card numbers, we can do it on the spot; it would only take a minute, or if you guys have paypal, we can send the payment over asap also, just email me @ [email protected].

·
Acorns!
17,760 Posts
I'm sorry andy, but no one should have to email you. They've paid by paypal, so they should just be refunded by paypal. I've pmed you twice about this and you failed to respond. There is no reason for not being able to refund people by paypal (which you promised to people over a week ago).

·
Registered
722 Posts
Anybody get any CEL problems? How tight did you tighten the bolts? Could that be it...would it be obvious if that was it?

·
Registered
1,072 Posts
adoBoy619 said:
Anybody get any CEL problems? How tight did you tighten the bolts? Could that be it...would it be obvious if that was it?
No CEL problems here. However, when I first installed the cat back, i used the stock cat bolts. This, to me, is not recommended. I could only get the nut to rotate about 5 times before it was tight, this did not "look" safe. So after a week, I unbolted everything (except the muffler) including the down pipe to the cat. Dremel tool to cut off threaded part of bolts attached to the cat, drilled into them about 1/2 inch. Placed a punch tool in the hole i created by drilling, had a friend hold the cat/pipe, and hammer the shiz out of it. Only took a few pounds to knock through the other side. Used nuts and bolts supplied with system. Worked like a charm, assembly was a lot better than disassembly. Sorry no FYI. If you do get a CEL, and you were banging on the cat bolts without either removing the system from the car first or more importantly taking the O2 sensor out first. You may have damaged the O2 sensor(s). Hope this helps.

·
Registered
722 Posts
dealership said theyre replacing the O2 sensor under warranty since theres no apparent damage to the sensor. but the mech told me it WAS probably from the shock of hitting the bolts out

·
Registered
1,072 Posts
adoBoy619 said:
dealership said theyre replacing the O2 sensor under warranty since theres no apparent damage to the sensor. but the mech told me it WAS probably from the shock of hitting the bolts out
Yeah, sorry I wasn't quicker to respond. :pat: I almost did the same thing. Due to limited space under the car I had no choice but to remove mine (cat). Could they possibly put those bolts any tighter in there?! I complain about it but the truth is, there is no absofreakinlutely way they were gonna just fall out! Regardless, hope you enjoy the exhaust. My neighbors give me the stink eye :face-icon , that makes it all worth it. :rockwoot:

341 - 355 of 355 Posts