8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

321 - 340 of 355 Posts

·
Registered
774 Posts
HanCivicSI said:
Please someone answer my question!! Did anyone have problems/notice that the nuts for the cat didnt screw all the way on? Sorry I'm asking again I just need to know! I have them as tight as possible but it didnt seem like the bolts in the cat were long enough for the nut to fully be tightened on.

Thanks
I installed mine at a shop and the installer didnt mention anything about the bolts not screwing in all the way.

·
Registered
1,072 Posts
I didn't check to see if the cat bolts could be tapped out. If this is possible then I could use the hardware that came with the exhaust. I'll check the next time I can get it on the lift. Man this exhaust is LOUD!!!

·
Registered
396 Posts
HanCivicSI said:
I didn't check to see if the cat bolts could be tapped out. If this is possible then I could use the hardware that came with the exhaust. I'll check the next time I can get it on the lift. Man this exhaust is LOUD!!!
Yes, the bolts can be removed, but that is putting it lightly. One member whacked away until it damaged the o2 sensor. Maybe with some kind of press they could be taken out without risking damage elsewhere, or maybe he was just a bad aim, I don't know. Mine had enough threads to not be a problem.

BTW - Has anyone got their "rebate" back yet???

·
Registered
99 Posts
So I finally installed the exhaust today. Took me a while since I am a noobie to all of this. But I must say that you all weren't kidding when you said it was LOUD. I Love it though. But I don't think the Cops here in HI will... So for now I have the silencer in and its not to bad at all.... Overall I am satisfied....

·
Registered
396 Posts
reaper702 said:
i would say call them if you haven't yet. i ordered mine when it was already in tier 3 so mine was already deducted :thumb:
I already have had contact with them and my Paypal account was supposed to be credited last Monday....

·
Registered
99 Posts
reaper702 said:
yes it is normal for a new catback exhaust system i believe. mine lasted a couple days.
Good. I was wondering the same thing.... I was really hoping i didn't screw something up... although its really hard to do on a catback. But if anybody could... it would be me...

·
Registered
56 Posts
yea that smell is normal. mine went away after a day. i'm so glad i did this installation myself. i've never installed nething on cars other than my lights before. i just called up a friend who had jacks and lifts.all a breeze after finding someone. i think we used 12mm wrench where the tip is and 13mm at the cat. when we first fired it up OMG it was loud. i've never heared an si in person being this loud. this would be my third day with it on, and all i can say is i'm only gonna be lovin it more.

321 - 340 of 355 Posts