8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

301 - 320 of 355 Posts

·
Registered
1,072 Posts
DTurnbull said:
^^ Personally, I would not recommend doing this unless you have an impact gun, or a lift and a good breaker bar. The cat nuts are a ***** to get off. I broke a swivel trying to get them off with my gun and had to get a better one before they'd budge. You'd have to have some pretty tall jack stands to get a good breaker bar and enough leverage under there...:popcorn:
Very true... I just didn't want this guy to get under his car with TWO JACKS and no jackstands! Not good at all! Find someone with a lift FTW...do it right the first time, always.

·
Registered
1,072 Posts
Received mine an hour ago, leaving work early to put it on. I will post some before an after pics and maybe a video. Have to let the pipes cool a little first!!!

·
Registered
7,573 Posts
BUT got a problem.. my closest gas station dealer wouldn't install it for me.. damn i begged him but didnt work.. haha

can anybody help me? for money?
im located in MD, Ellicott City

·
Registered
60 Posts
just installed mine,,, sounds nice and loud hahaha

people who have installed this,
did yall put the silencer on or off?
without it, its too loud, which i like it but so will the cops,
with the silencer, feels/sounds like its same as stock lol

how did yall do it?

·
Registered
1,072 Posts
krn_thugz said:

how did yall do it?
About to put mine on, I'm also interested in how the silencer sounds... On or off?

·
Registered
4,949 Posts
HanCivicSI said:
About to put mine on, I'm also interested in how the silencer sounds... On or off?
i left mine off. it is loud but i heard LOUDER in my area with no problems so this shouldn't be one either with the pigs. w/ the silencer it somewhat more quiet but decided to take it off since i didn't like the look/sound of it. does it really seem like stock with it on??

·
Registered
396 Posts
krn_thugz said:

how did yall do it?
I put the silencer in - for now - but it is still much louder than stock..:popcorn:

·
Registered
1,072 Posts
Installed mine last night, my neighbors love me. This exhaust is loud but doesnt sound like a fart can. Real deep and throaty sound until you jump on it. I'm trying to figure out what to do with the muffler hangers, they need to be trimmed back about half an inch to an inch.
Did anyone that has installed notice that the nuts did not thread completely on the cat? Let me know if you had the same issue. All in all, I'm impressed with the outcome....

Thanks HPA :party:

·
Registered
60 Posts
does any body know what db rating is street legal in MARYLAND?
skunk2 without - 99
" with - 96~97
Factory exhausts - 89,
GReddy exhausts -95 (street legal in Cali)

·
Registered
99 Posts
FINNNNNNNAAAALLLLLLYYYYYY!!!!!!! I just received my exhaust today. I am stoked... Will be puttin it on either Friday or Sat.... Still waiting on my intake though:popcorn:

·
Registered
1,072 Posts
Has anyone that has installed their kit had a problem threading the supplied nuts onto the cat because of the increased flange size? I could only tighten them down about halfway. They aren't going anywhere but it looks scary. Anyone?

·
Registered
1,072 Posts
samx109 said:
this exhaust kind of hurts my ears now..

hmmm i guess i gotta wait until i get used to it
I drove for 30 miles after I installed, nice new exhaust burn off smell and definitely loud. Don't think I listened to the radio the whole time. Now it's time to upgrade the stereo to drown out the exhaust.

·
Registered
799 Posts
samx109 said:
this exhaust kind of hurts my ears now..

hmmm i guess i gotta wait until i get used to it
I talked to several performance shops. They are recommended the setup ‘see photos below’ for lower noise level, and it can get very similar performance as Skunk2. They are installing it in the 07 Si Sedan to confirm the fitting in the 07 Si Sedan. They'll notify me afterward.

My noisy day is over. I used to wake up my neighbor with the twin Turbo RX7 and Supra. I used the CAT-back similar to Skunk2.

K&N Typhoon

Tanabe Medallion Touring

·
Registered
44 Posts
I got mine on Monday and installed on tuesday. I loved the way it sounded without the silencer until i drove with it on the highway trying to listen to my stereo i could barely hear the songs on 14 goin 80 mph. i put the silencer in today and i can hear my music now, but it does sound like a stock exhaust until you put your foot down. i wish there was a happy medium.

·
Registered
1,072 Posts
Please someone answer my question!! Did anyone have problems/notice that the nuts for the cat didnt screw all the way on? Sorry I'm asking again I just need to know! I have them as tight as possible but it didnt seem like the bolts in the cat were long enough for the nut to fully be tightened on.

Thanks

301 - 320 of 355 Posts