8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 20 of 62 Posts

·
Registered
919 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, I had to go pick up my sister's Hyundai (blech) from the dealership today, and I made it a point to wear my Comptech shirt. Well the parts manager at this particular dealer came up to me and started asking me about my shirt... Considering I had no Comptech part on my car except my short shifter, the topic of discussion led to my Si, and then to racing. The guy works for Impact Communications when he's not at the dealership, and he said that he could get us a discounted price, easily, for Nelson Ledges... In short, taken off of their site:
Nelson Ledges is a two-mile, seven turn road course, with a rich history of sports car and motorcycle road racing. It is a user-friendly facility that is well suited to a variety of racing and motor sports related activities.

I would like to have a meet there, I think it would be badass to race and whatnot... Right now all I am doing is gaging interest, see who would like to do it, and input for ideas, yaddah yah... Just an idea, and would probably be best if done around summertime 2008

·
Registered
916 Posts
Well, I had to go pick up my sister's Hyundai (blech) from the dealership today, and I made it a point to wear my Comptech shirt. Well the parts manager at this particular dealer came up to me and started asking me about my shirt... Considering I had no Comptech part on my car except my short shifter, the topic of discussion led to my Si, and then to racing. The guy works for Impact Communications when he's not at the dealership, and he said that he could get us a discounted price, easily, for Nelson Ledges... In short, taken off of their site:
Nelson Ledges is a two-mile, seven turn road course, with a rich history of sports car and motorcycle road racing. It is a user-friendly facility that is well suited to a variety of racing and motor sports related activities.

I would like to have a meet there, I think it would be badass to race and whatnot... Right now all I am doing is gaging interest, see who would like to do it, and input for ideas, yaddah yah... Just an idea, and would probably be best if done around summertime 2008
Im down for shure OMG!

·
Registered
919 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Good to see I have acquired interest! I am aiming for mid-July to have this all go down, so updates will come later as I start to figure stuff out

·
Registered
919 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Sweet! Thanks! If you need any help organizing this, let me know!
I'll need help convincing Columbus members they need to show up :biggrin:

Thats all I can think of right now, I'll be in touch when the time gets closer

·
Registered
2,474 Posts
sweet...sounds awesome im down if i have the cash!...i have no experience racing...or.. experience driving over 90+mph haha..im a total noob!..sorry

·
Registered
2,474 Posts
sounds good...yea it would be sweet tho... seeing everyone..and chillin learning more shiet about our cars...

·
Registered
2,474 Posts
yea thats one of my biggest fears...when i drive aroudn the cloverleaf area wehere 480 and 77 meet..the turns on the highways are sick..im scared ill understeer or over steer into the rails...

·
Registered
919 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
yea thats one of my biggest fears...when i drive aroudn the cloverleaf area wehere 480 and 77 meet..the turns on the highways are sick..im scared ill understeer or over steer into the rails...

Really? I would take those at 80 in my Dakota lol

You should come out here one time by me, there's a REALLY awesome series of 90 degree bends on this road out in BFE, one turns 90 right, then 90 left about 100 feet after, SOOOOO fun

·
Registered
137 Posts
Not too far from C'bus...if I know early enough, I can request off. Looks like a good time, though.

1 - 20 of 62 Posts