Discussion Starter #1
topic says it all what gauges should i be looking into
im staying N/A
my mods are I/RH/E,hondata,ss,springs,rims
thanks

·
Registered
653 Posts
NONE, you don't need anymore gauges other then the factory ones especially if you are N/A with only mild mods. If you want something to play with get a Scanguage II.
CANMAN,

·
Registered
636 Posts
oil and water temp is a good start

EDIT: I dont mean i a temp gage like what is stock, I mean a gage that gives the actual temp in degrees

·
Registered
883 Posts
Firestrife said:
seriously dont get any gauges for a N/A machine the most you should get is a Scanguage II.
It looks seriously ricer.
how would it look ricer?Even if he had a turbo or supercharger no one would be able to tell unless the hood was open.There gauges that are actually functional and worth having unlike a 3ft high wing or some NOS bass tubes(now that rice).

·
Registered
5,918 Posts
GreySi07 said:
how would it look ricer?Even if he had a turbo or supercharger no one would be able to tell unless the hood was open.There gauges that are actually functional and worth having unlike a 3ft high wing or some NOS bass tubes(now that rice).
Because those gauges lack any TRUE purpose unless he was tuning the car.

·
Registered
883 Posts
OK,clearly the guy wants gauges right?Your not buying them and Im not buying them so what difference does it make .His question was what gauges do you think I should be looking in to not whether or not we think its a good idea to get gauges.

·
Registered
171 Posts
GreySi07 said:
OK,clearly the guy wants gauges right?Your not buying them and Im not buying them so what difference does it make .His question was what gauges do you think I should be looking in to not whether or not we think its a good idea to get gauges.
I agree, all you haters just leave the guys alone. It's his car, so he can customize it anyway he wants. And adding gauges does NOT make it rice.

·
Registered
653 Posts
I am not giving the guy a hard time at all I just thing for the money the Scangauge II is the best chose for a N/A application. It monitors almost everything your little gauge wanting heart could want and its cheaper then 2 gauges. Def to each his own but if I drove around with a AJP Turbo sticker or some b/s like that on my car and I didn't have a turbo that would be rice. If you get worthwhiled gauges it may be ok but I have seen guys with a triple gauge pod with air/fuel, voltmeter, and like a clock or some b/s that is very ricetastic. Then they have a big as tach right next to their factory one. haha
CANMAN

·
Registered
1,209 Posts
CANMAN said:
I am not giving the guy a hard time at all I just thing for the money the Scangauge II is the best chose for a N/A application. It monitors almost everything your little gauge wanting heart could want and its cheaper then 2 gauges. Def to each his own but if I drove around with a AJP Turbo sticker or some b/s like that on my car and I didn't have a turbo that would be rice. If you get worthwhiled gauges it may be ok but I have seen guys with a triple gauge pod with air/fuel, voltmeter, and like a clock or some b/s that is very ricetastic. Then they have a big as tach right next to their factory one. haha
CANMAN
agree'd, for ur current N/A setup gauges are definately not neccessary. my friend is the exact same way, he has a 3 gauge piller with a tach, boost (lol), and oil temp gauges. the funny thing is, none of them are even hooked up because all he has in his car is an intake and axle back exhaust , then a body kit and cf hood. they light up but the needles dont even move or anything. i think its ubber rice. but in the end, its ur car so just get the scangauge II i guess:redface:

·
Registered
39 Posts
RiceBowL54 said:
doesn't the oil light turn on if there's oil pressure problems?
Problem is, they're called dummy lights for a reason. Once the light on the dash comes on, it's already too late -- The damage is done. An accurate oil pressure gauge would, I assume, allow you to keep a closer and definately much more accurate eye on the pressure levels.

·
Registered
319 Posts
When the oil pressure idiot light comes on, it means there is already too little oil in the pan for the pickup to get at it. I had mine come one once after some hard cornering, before my first oil change, and I was WAY low.

·
Registered
39 Posts
bluesunit said:
When the oil pressure idiot light comes on, it means there is already too little oil in the pan for the pickup to get at it. I had mine come one once after some hard cornering, before my first oil change, and I was WAY low.
Same here.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts