8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Acorns!
17,760 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, a thread was recently posted about gas prices going up again. Around me, it's like $2.39 a gallon for 87 grade gas. I'm not sure what it is around you, but it's going to go up again soon.

SO, here is the question: How high would gas prices have to go before you walk/bike/ride a bus - seek other means of transportation (public or whatever).

Let's make the poll over the course of 1 year. So the prices won't jump like immediatly, but over the course of the next year. How high is too high.

·
Registered
287 Posts
I have no idea, becuase i dont really have a steady income. Mabye 3.50 a gallon.
(Its getting there in California...)

·
Registered
68 Posts
Around me gas is hanging right around $2.39 for 87. I am paying $2.59 to put 93 in my car. I am not too worried about it. I will keep driving. $4 sounds absurd, yes, but it won't happen for a while. When it does inflation will have killed the dollar enough to where $10/hr will be minimum wage.
As gas prices go up, we cringe, but it isn't really a slap in the face. We get over the initial shock of paying 5-10 cents more than we did yesterday, but we get over it. This will always happen in an upward trend. I think that gas prices rising will not severely affect the American day-to-day way of life.

·
Acorns!
17,760 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I have to admit, I've paid $3.20 a gallon out in cali before. I wasn't happy.

·
Registered
68 Posts
Canadians are paying around 90c per liter, which comes out to just under $4 per gallon. They should be the ones complaining. It is even worse in Europe. Us Americans have it easy all things considered.

·
Registered
315 Posts
I honestly don't know what it is too high. Every bit hurts the wallet. Less to spend on everything else. And I'm sure the cost of bussing etc would just go up more.

·
El Presidente'
849 Posts
Gas here in Minneapolis is $2.49 for 87. I about died. So I used the squeegie to wash my entire car. I also dried it with their towles, filled up my tires and stuck my head into their ice cooler to cool off. I figure I better get my moneys worth. :thumb:

·
Acorns!
17,760 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
^^ lol wow, I just laughed out loud on that.

Don't forget to cancel your magazine subscriptions, and read all of your magazines there too!

·
Registered
287 Posts
Well look at my age, im 17. Of course ill have the lowest spending limit for gas unless my parents help out. I might jusat end up getting a regular civic if the Si gets under 25 miles a gallon.

·
El Presidente'
849 Posts
See, you can do a LOT at the gas station for free.
Webby you are right, read the magazines.
Go to the bathroom
Write obscene material on the bathroom walls
Take a shower........ in the car wash area, just follow a car through
Get ice
Get cups for your house...disposable of course
Take pennies out of the penny tray
Get straws for your house
Get napkins for your house
Look at a map to figure out where you need to go
Drink water... the condensation off the cold drinks....just lick away
Sniff the candy bars
Wash your car with their squeegy
Charge other people to wash their cars with the stations squeegy

.... insert ideas here....
:popcorn:

·
Acorns!
17,760 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
I'd love to say that I'd pay anything, but lets get serious.

at 10 bucks a gallon - 20 gallon tank - $200 bucks to fill up! :SHOCKED:

Unless you're a big baller, you're probably not going to do that. I know most people fill up like once a week or every other week. That would be like having another rent payment every month. Either you're rollin in the dough, or you're on your way to the debt super highway.

·
Acorns!
17,760 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Rainman said:
See, you can do a LOT at the gas station for free.
Webby you are right, read the magazines.
Go to the bathroom
Write obscene material on the bathroom walls
Take a shower........ in the car wash area, just follow a car through
Get ice
Get cups for your house...disposable of course
Take pennies out of the penny tray
Get straws for your house
Get napkins for your house
Look at a map to figure out where you need to go
Drink water... the condensation off the cold drinks....just lick away
Sniff the candy bars
Wash your car with their squeegy
Charge other people to wash their cars with the stations squeegy

.... insert ideas here....
:popcorn:

Don't forget matches. Sometimes they have a thing for free matches. And maybe a free car buyer thing. Like auto mart. And if you're really suffering, and need some fire starter - you could take a bunch of those with your matches and create yourself a nice burn barrel.

insert more ideas here -----------------------------------

1 - 20 of 29 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.