8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

21 - 40 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
97 Posts
I've not noticed any of the long 3 second delays, but there is a definite hesitation. It's almost like the car is trying to decide whether I really want to go or if I'm just pushing the pedal for the hell of it.

Typically I am a smooth driver, and prefer to use momentum to my advantage vs. using a lot of gas/brake and erratic movements. This car does not seem to like being driven like that. I have not found a way to get this car to be smooth when I pick the throttle back up after coasting. It can be very annoying.

I thought it was just me, but after reading more it's becoming apparent I'm not alone.

·
Registered
2,338 Posts
dbw is crap i fail to see how it is an improvement over a more simple cable driven set-up. Its definatly a ***** while trying to rev-match on a down-shift. You cant really tap it u have to floor it.

·
Registered
4,243 Posts
dbw is crap i fail to see how it is an improvement over a more simple cable driven set-up. Its definatly a ***** while trying to rev-match on a down-shift. You cant really tap it u have to floor it.
I don't really think it's an improvement, but I think someome (govornment maybe?) might think it's better for emissions because pretty much every car uses it now. You'd think some automakers would leave it out to reduce cost, but seeing as how it's all over the place now I'd say it's now or soon to be required.

·
Registered
10 Posts
If everyone is using it then everyone should be bitchin about it. Are we hearing of this problem from other auto-makers? Or how about from the Accord people? I swear if someone came up with a MOD for this they would make bank!

·
Registered
4,243 Posts
Yeah, it's mainly only Honda that people ***** about because it sucks. Nissan and Toyota have fine DBW systems. There may be a tiny lag but no rev hang and other crap.

·
Registered
10 Posts
So, here I googled rev lag......check it out....

words of hondata
what caused the DBW lag/rev hang issue:
datalogged the issue and it showed the throttle correctly returning to zero on liftoff. The ECU, however kept feeding fuel to the engine instead of shutting off the injectors.

We have tested the new program on out two 06 Civics and it is a definite improvement

- All new reflashes incorporate the RPM hang fix.
- Recommended mods are as listed on the web site
- No change to the pollution output
- These changes are the official Honda changes.
- The upgrade only applies to existing reflash owners

honda will offer a fix(cuz this is an official honda fix hondata is offering)....but if u have the reflash it will more than likely erase it...this is the reason why hondata is probably charging to upgrade...cuz they can keep ur reflash...all new reflashes will have the upgrade in it already though.....
if u don't have the reflash...u'll get the fix for free from honda(more than likely)...

So, when are the 08 civics going to see something?

·
Registered
220 Posts
+1

I got my car last Saturday, and so far, I've noticed the slight lag, but to get around it when down-shifting, I tap the gas pedal twice, and it revs right to where I need it to be :)

As for a lag in throttle response, I've noticed a very slight one, but it's not bad enough for me to worry (too much) about.

-John

·
Registered
4,243 Posts

words of hondata
what caused the DBW lag/rev hang issue:
datalogged the issue and it showed the throttle correctly returning to zero on liftoff. The ECU, however kept feeding fuel to the engine instead of shutting off the injectors.

We have tested the new program on out two 06 Civics and it is a definite improvement

- All new reflashes incorporate the RPM hang fix.
- Recommended mods are as listed on the web site
- No change to the pollution output
- These changes are the official Honda changes.
- The upgrade only applies to existing reflash owners

honda will offer a fix(cuz this is an official honda fix hondata is offering)....but if u have the reflash it will more than likely erase it...this is the reason why hondata is probably charging to upgrade...cuz they can keep ur reflash...all new reflashes will have the upgrade in it already though.....
if u don't have the reflash...u'll get the fix for free from honda(more than likely)...

Where did that come from? Part of that looks like it's from Hondata other parts look like someone else commented. The Honda rev hang fix for the 06's dosen't even totally get rid of it and make the car act normal.

So does that mean Hondata is working on a reflash to remove the rev hang? If so then F*CK I should have kept my Si...

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hey guys I have the similar problem with mine it's a 07 si coupe I give it throttle and nothing happens and at times it's very jerky through traffic stop and go. I have Aem cold air, Viberant race header and skunk2 cat back but no flash pro now could that be a issue due to all the mods ?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Throttle delay

Ok I did the tune up bought top of the line everything didn't solve the problem. something else did, I decided to take it to honda turned out the ECU needed a flash and their was a update for the fuel injection. Now car runs smooth and I must say the throttle is very responsive, and honda didn't charge me a single dime for it. If anyone is having throttle delay or seems like the car is running out of gas rpms between 1500-2000 go to honda get it flashed and see if they have a update for it trust me my car runs so much better now. @

·
Registered
591 Posts
I just wish I could get rid of the lag 100%. Slowing down the car then hammering the gas pedal 75% it just doesn't move as quick as it should. Would an ECU reflash fix this issue? Tuning? Anything?

·
Super Moderator
2,410 Posts
I'm not sure Hondata will help us, but there is a product that does reduce the lag. I saw it on t4r.org, I'll post it when I find it. I want to say it can be installed in any car.

·
Registered
591 Posts
It's not really the "lag" on the stop and go traffic. Lighter pullies might go in the car soon to maybe help a bit.

·
Super Moderator
2,410 Posts
product is called pedal commander. Said to be awesome. Takes the lags outta the accelerator and somehow "better" the shift points of the tranny.

21 - 40 of 43 Posts