8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi, i have a 2008 honda civic automatic and i noticed when im at a dead stop and i put the pedal to the floor theres a bit of a delay before the car starts to take off. i was wondering is there a way to stop this delay?

·
Registered
834 Posts
Yup hate that. Is also bad when you're already rolling, and you can literally press the throttle all the way in and out and not even feel the car jiggle.

·
Registered
276 Posts
Also has anyone noticed that if you tap the accelerator against the floor 2 or 3 times that the car seems to go just a bit faster as if the butterfly is opened wider?

·
Registered
4,839 Posts
Hell...I floored mine once to get around someone and it actually delayed for about 3 seconds. It has only done that once since I have owned it but it can happen.

·
Registered
4,243 Posts
Hell...I floored mine once to get around someone and it actually delayed for about 3 seconds. It has only done that once since I have owned it but it can happen.
The same thing happened to me when pulling out into a main road. I let the clutch go and then floored the gas and the car just idled out onto the street for about 3 seconds and then finally went WOT. I was sooo pissed, it's dangerous too.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
well thanks guys.. it does suck and it is dangerous... the whole pulling out onto a busy main road thing...

·
Registered
10 Posts
Shouldn't this be a safety recall issue? Can we start some type of consumer protection claim here? It is very dangerous. I almost got into an accident because of this.
Is there some kind of timing adjustment/offset in the CPU that can be made?

I am surprised that this isn't a bigger issue.....

·
Registered
2,739 Posts
This must be limited to certain new or late models, I have to say the throttle on my '08 Si is much more sensitive than the cable throttle on my previous '05 RSX. But for those with this issue I wish you the best of luck, maybe it's covered under the warranty.

·
Registered
4,243 Posts
Shouldn't this be a safety recall issue? Can we start some type of consumer protection claim here? It is very dangerous. I almost got into an accident because of this.
Is there some kind of timing adjustment/offset in the CPU that can be made?

I am surprised that this isn't a bigger issue.....
Did you experience the ~3 second delay also? I don't know what the f*ck makes the car do it but it happened a few times in my 07. Another time was when I was pulling out of a parking space and then went to take off, instead the car just practically idled away for 3 seconds and then took off, so the lady behind me almost hit me.

It happened a few times in traffic too but that wasn't as big of a deal since people where not driving up behind me, still annoying as f*ck though since my car wasn't doing what I was telling it to do.

·
Registered
1,220 Posts
The same thing happened to me when pulling out into a main road. I let the clutch go and then floored and it and car just idled out onto the street for about 3 seconds and then finally went WOT. I was sooo pissed, it's dangerous too.
man get that checked lol. thats awful!

·
Registered
837 Posts
The thing that annoys me most about it is when the thing hesitates while Im trying to rev-match =\ which usually ends in a mismatch because it under-revs

·
Banned
1,466 Posts
i love how i can slam my pedal all the way down and nothing happens at all. (note the sarcasm). i hate it but oh well. if it gets to the point where i cant stand it, it'll be time to get an rsx

·
Registered
514 Posts
you guys should go and check out if you have rev hang, there's a reprogram that's out that they can do to your car.

1 - 20 of 43 Posts