8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
752 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I checked my mileage yesterday on my lx 5spd in mixed city and highway driving I averaged 33.2mpg. Just thought I would let you guys know. Also I only have 700 miles on the car so hopefully it will get better with age. So much better than the truck I had getting only 16-18mpg :)

·
Banned
308 Posts
yeah my 04 ex coupe auto.. when it had under 2000 it got around 30-31.. but now it gets around 35-38.. if driven correctly... and it now has 30000

·
STIG: a tamed race driver
1,630 Posts
dtexan said:
I checked my mileage yesterday on my lx 5spd in mixed city and highway driving I averaged 33.2mpg. Just thought I would let you guys know. Also I only have 700 miles on the car so hopefully it will get better with age. So much better than the truck I had getting only 16-18mpg :)

Yeah, I notice a huge increase around 15,000 miles in my old '03 civic and my finace's '04 civic. Jumped up about 5 MPG into the high 30's.

·
Registered
46 Posts
just finished up my very first tank and i average out 29mpg. i hope to get 35mpg when the car is fully break in.....

·
Registered
106 Posts
First tank for me was right at 30mpg, which is really surprising considering the kind of break-in I have been doing.

·
Registered
73 Posts
I thought someone posted awhile back that their first tank was at 38 mpg ...... I thought wow!!!

so first tank, low 30's ??

·
Registered
46 Posts
ok .. finished up my second tank on Sunday, got 34.5 mpg on 70%hwy 30% city.
looks like getting 35mpg is not going to be hard. i m at 700 miles mark now.

·
Registered
141 Posts
^ It'll keep getting better. I was getting 37mpg with the a/c on all the time(70%hwy/30%city) out of my ex-fiance's `04 EX 5-speed. Her car jumped about 3mpg when it hit 30k, I also installed a K&N OEM replacement filter in when I did the 30K service...

She got 41 out of it one time following my parents back from a trip. She was drafting their travel trailer. I think drafting will be the next big thing, lol...

·
Registered
82 Posts
mininsx said:
^ It'll keep getting better. I was getting 37mpg with the a/c on all the time(70%hwy/30%city) out of my ex-fiance's `04 EX 5-speed. Her car jumped about 3mpg when it hit 30k, I also installed a K&N OEM replacement filter in when I did the 30K service...

She got 41 out of it one time following my parents back from a trip. She was drafting their travel trailer. I think drafting will be the next big thing, lol...
Definitely plays a big role in your fuel economy. Being behind any car, let alone one larger, will typically increase your fuel economy by 3-5%.

·
Registered
752 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I'm getting around 350 miles on a tank. I have about 1200 miles on the car and average 33mpg still I'm not complaining though it will get better with time

·
Registered
25 Posts
My first two tanks netted about 30mpg with mixed driving (70% city 30%hwy) I have about 800 miles on the car now and hope the mileage will be improving as the engine breaks in.

My third and forth tanks are already up to 32mpg with the same driving mix. The engine feels stronger and smoother now with 1200 miles on it. With the fall temps, won't be using AC as much and I should be able to get some great mileage numbers.

·
Registered
49 Posts
watchdoc said:
My first two tanks netted about 30mpg with mixed driving (70% city 30%hwy) I have about 800 miles on the car now and hope the mileage will be improving as the engine breaks in.

My third and forth tanks are already up to 32mpg with the same driving mix. The engine feels stronger and smoother now with 1200 miles on it. With the fall temps, won't be using AC as much and I should be able to get some great mileage numbers.
I just ran over a 1000 miles on my '06 EX coupe and I too feel the engine working better and the gas going longer. My last tank, I got 32.9 mpg which is not too bad considering the mix of city and highway miles I put on it.

·
Registered
64 Posts
I just filled-up my tank for the third time. I have 812 miles on my LX AT Sedan and I am averaging just barely under 30 MPG. This is 90 - 95% city driving (traffic and traffic lights). So far, I am pleased.

·
Banned
325 Posts
ncoday said:
how big is the gas tank? (# of gals)
13.2 US Gallons
or about
49-50 Liters in Canada

·
STIG: a tamed race driver
1,630 Posts
peliROJO said:
Yall are weak. How low can you get your gas mileage??? Ive approached 29.0 mpg. ;)

My truck got 11 MPG for it's first tank.:D

My 7thgen civic got 24 once.

My 8thgen civic has never went below 30.

·
Registered
160 Posts
I can't wait to get my civic and go from 15-16 miles per gallon to 30. But it will be 2-4 weeks before my civic comes in, till then..it's crusin in my t-bird.

·
Registered
21 Posts
I just finished my first tank (courtesy of the dealer) and averaged 33.2 MPG, mostly highway because I drove to Chicago and back just after taking delivery of my EX coupe, auto, nav.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts