8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I own a honda civic si sedan 07 and have about 6000 miles on it

about two weeks ago i got an oil change and then a few days later i started noticing a dark brown spot on my driveway every morning. i thought it was first oil because it was near the front of the car and naturally i just htought something wasn't fixed during the oil changed

after finally finding the time to bring it in i actually do and the car "stops dripping" at the dealership

it used to drip a lot and then it gradually decreased. anybody know what the porblem might be?

·
Registered
1,429 Posts
nahhh not a gas leak

most likely what happened: the dealership did not use the baggy technique for unscrewing the oil filter so a bunch of oil dripped on your frame and wasnt cleaned up properly so it kept dripping.. there probably isnt a leak, but its possible

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
this was a lot of fluid though. i mean a lot of it. and when i brought my salesperson to my house to show him it was actually leaking and he took a towel and put it to the floor and agreed it smelled like gas. you could be right but just another thought

·
Registered
450 Posts
are you properly inserting the gas nozzle into the spout when refilling? you should make sure you are not just pouring gas all over the ground.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
just got it back from the dealership
i really worked the engine on the way back so everything should be fluid in the car
prolly wait for A COUPLE hours to see how the gas leakage goes

1 - 6 of 6 Posts