8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
727 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Does anybody have experience with Garmin's normal line of GPS systems?

The only Garmin we have is a 496, and my dad won't let me use it in the car... Though when I do get to use it, I love it. It has voice and XM radio (which I use a LOT), and it even matches my altimeter and airspeed.

I was thinking about getting a Nüvi, but there's so many it's hard to choose from. Which is the best compromise between money and value?

EDIT:: here's what I'm used to in Garmin quality --

·
Registered
1,274 Posts
I got the Nuvi 255W for the woman. She loves it. Touchscreen, simple to use and gets you where you want to go.

I took it on vacation to nevada/arizona/utah and it worked great. Never got lost and everything was accurate.

Can't lose with Garmin.

·
Registered
727 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I got the Nuvi 255W for the woman. She loves it. Touchscreen, simple to use and gets you where you want to go.

I took it on vacation to nevada/arizona/utah and it worked great. Never got lost and everything was accurate.

Can't lose with Garmin.
Sweet!

Though as I look through the Garmin range, there's a whole lot of features that aren't really explained...such as: lane assist, MSN® Direct receiver, FM lifetime traffic, photo navigation, Where am I?, and Garmin Locate™

Are any of these really necessary? I really just need something to tell me where I am, and where I'm going. I want a decent price (under $500), and really don't care if it reads street names for me -- unless some of you think it's the greatest thing out there and wouldn't live without it.

Any testimonials?

·
Registered
2,612 Posts
I have a Garmin Nuvi with the bigger screen I dunno the exact model. I think it sells for $450. Works great 9/10 times. But that 1 time will really piss you off lol.
:popcorn:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts