8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
309 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just got my car tinted and on the front two windows there's like a 3mm gap on the top of the window. do any of you guys have these gaps too and are you guys content with it? i heard that the gaps help prevent the tips of the windows from peeling. should i leave the gaps or get it redone so that there aren't any?

·
Registered
309 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
lol that was fast. yeah im gonna try to get pictures of it. so i guess the gaps ar a bad thing huh? haha

·
Registered
1,890 Posts
i have no gap. somtimes some companys put the gap to prevent the weather stripping from peeling the tint from the top of the window.

·
Registered
1,195 Posts
yeah agreed....i dont understand how ppl hate it, i dont mind it at all...i actually prefer it because it wont start peeling at the top due to rolling the window up

·
Scrodums
9,486 Posts
You mean there's about a 3mm boarder around the tint that has no tint, right? I hope that made sense. Most places tint their windows like this. Not many people go to the edge.

·
Registered
928 Posts
Tint pro's will not leave that nasty gap...If your paying for the job they should do the whole window..don't care what they say...

·
Registered
1,868 Posts
mine goes to the very edge...

i thought as long as you don't roll them down during the first ~36 hours it cannot start to peel?

·
Registered
1,072 Posts
Rallyecivic said:
Tint pro's will not leave that nasty gap...If your paying for the job they should do the whole window..don't care what they say...
You are correct sir. PROS

EDIT: actually I misread, tint pro's WILL leave a gap. The reasons are obvious.

·
Registered
309 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
yeah i just called them up and they said they they leave the tiny gap there so that the rubber top where the window slides in between to wouldn't start to peel off the tip of the tint after excessive use. i'm not gonna try to get it retinted, and it doesn't really look that noticable since the gap is so tiny and i can't even see it at all when the windows are rolled up.

·
VIP Member
12,350 Posts
Mines like a 10mm gap. It looks fine to me. I've tried taking it back, I get the same BS explanation/excuse. As long as you don't notice it peeling and it doesnt look like a rats ass (uneven cut) DWAI.

·
Registered
928 Posts
so they say..it's because they dont know how to do full window because it will peel when they put it on...
it's easy for them to put tint with the gap....I used to tint windows like that because its easy. the advanced tint guys will do the full window there is just a technique where it won't peel...that's why I pay those guys for that.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts