8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
380 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone!

I'm looking for a set of headphones with a mic...main purpose is for when i need to listen to whatever and the entire family is asleep or for when i am playing a game like css and i need to talk to my brother and the other players on the team...

Thanks!

·
Registered
6,272 Posts
Hey man, im a avid CS 1.6 player myself. Never really got into CSS.

Anyway, gaming accesories are one of my specialtys. :dancing:

I would recommend Sennheisers. They arent very well known in the US, but they are amazing headphones. The problem is, they dont come with a mic. So if you can live with a table mounted microphone, they are amazing headphones.

Sennheiser HD555: (on sale)
www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16826106392

Another good set of headphones are the Icemat Siberias. They come with a clip on mic (which i use with my Sennheisers, i got it from my buddy :thumb:) The problem is they are delicate. They use 2 wires to hold the top strap in place, which seems to brake if you put to much pressure on it.

Icemat Siberia Black:
www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16836508101
Icemat Siberia White:
www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16826249002

If you want anymore help dont hesitate to send me a PM or message me through aim (screen name in my profile)

·
Registered
6,272 Posts
Nice talking to you on aim. Dont ever hesitate to hit me up again with any help you might need. Im good with just about anything related to computers.

e60.deluxe said:
^ listen to this guy.
Thanks for the support ^.^

Oh snap, 666 posts :hiding:

·
Registered
205 Posts
Food for thought:

Noise Terminator 3

You won't have to use the standard ear plug, when you need the stereo sound and would work around those Sennheisers.

Later, Iasus is supposed to release a bluetooth version for cell phones.

Throat mics are supposed to cut down on the background noise clutter. YMMV

·
Registered
205 Posts
chrisfrofro said:
www.turtlebeach.com

they have some of the best gaming headphones on the market.. back when i used to compete at events this was our sponsor..
Ugh! TurtleBeach should have quit when it was at the top of the sound card market, since they've only been sliding downhill ever since. I would go with Sk3nny's recommendations over the TB stuff. The frequency response and quality will be obvious in a side-by-side comparison.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts