8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

21 - 40 of 51 Posts

·
Registered
77 Posts
They worked fine but the locking nuts are made of really soft metal. I accidentally rounded the edges on a one of them and had to take it to the shop in order to get my spacers removed. You just have to be careful.
Did you have to grind down your OEM studs to make the wheels fit?

How far did the OEM studs stick out after the spacers were installed?

I think my FD2 CTR wheels have ~15mm cavity in them so there is space to handle the studs sticking out without having to grind them down.

Yeah I almost had the same issue with the H&R spacers stripping the locking nuts. Had to use a 12 point thin socket to keep it from stripping.

How low did you drop your car?

·
Registered
976 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
Did you have to grind down your OEM studs to make the wheels fit?

How far did the OEM studs stick out after the spacers were installed?

I think my FD2 CTR wheels have ~15mm cavity in them so there is space to handle the studs sticking out without having to grind them down.

Yeah I almost had the same issue with the H&R spacers stripping the locking nuts. Had to use a 12 point thin socket to keep it from stripping.

How low did you drop your car?

I didn't have to grind down the OEM studs, as long as you have some space behind the wheels, I think 15mm should be ok. I don't remember how far the OEM studs stuck out - it's been a while since I had the spacers. my car is lowered about 2.5 inches all around.

·
Registered
77 Posts
I didn't have to grind down the OEM studs, as long as you have some space behind the wheels, I think 15mm should be ok. I don't remember how far the OEM studs stuck out - it's been a while since I had the spacers. my car is lowered about 2.5 inches all around.
Oh I see.

Did you have to roll your fenders to fit the 18 x 8.5 +45 offset wheels you have with this drop?

·
Registered
8 Posts
Very Very clean! Looking forward to pics with your mugen lip. I drive a mugen si w/ a fd1 conversion (cf vis w depo lights). Looking to do the front end soon, still on the fence about getting rid of my usdm mugen lip and bumper for the new preface fd1 style bumper and mugen lip.

·
Registered
976 Posts
Discussion Starter #35
Very Very clean! Looking forward to pics with your mugen lip. I drive a mugen si w/ a fd1 conversion (cf vis w depo lights). Looking to do the front end soon, still on the fence about getting rid of my usdm mugen lip and bumper for the new preface fd1 style bumper and mugen lip.
thanks! pics of the mugen lip are up (check a few posts above yours). Good luck with your build

Your build is absolutely beautiful!
thanks!

·
Registered
427 Posts
Where are you located? Do you still have the hfp suspension? How much was your total in parts? I want to convert my 08 Si to Type R like you.

21 - 40 of 51 Posts