8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 20 of 51 Posts

·
Registered
976 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Wanted to share the progress of my car, and also so I have a thread to add to as I go. I have a 2007 Si, which I've had since 09. Finally bit the bullet and got my FD2 conversion done.

2009: here's how it all started: purchased used with HFP lip kit installed. Otherwise pretty standard.

Played around with red pin stripes on the wheels and the grille

Then got some projector retrofit with RPF1s. Lowered on HPF suspension for a while.

Replaced the Front grille with a black piece

Eventually fitted with ichiba 15mm spacers. I later had problems with the nuts stripping, so I don't really recommend these to be honest, just get wheels with the proper offset

2010: Greddy Ti-C was up next

2010: swapped out the map and dome lights for LEDs.

2011: BC Racing coilovers to lower the car even more. I forget the spring rates, but still riding on these today.

2012: new wheels, Varrstoen ES2?

2015: Decided it was time to upgrade the headunit. Got myself Pioneer AVIC 6100NEX

Also followed the DIY and replaced the stitching with RED. Took several hrs to do, but worth it

2017: few interior bits added, CF ebrake and shifter cover. CTR shift knob

2018: Finally, CTR conversion. Here's the shipment from Streetlightz.

VIS CF hood

Getting started with the conversion...

Front bumper support needs to be trimmed on the edges for the FD2 bumper to fit

and she's done!

With Mugen Lip and front tow hook installed

Oct 2018: Always wanted to go lower, but didn't want to risk damaging the Mugen lip, so it was a good time to invest in airbags. Here on Airlift suspension, management, and Accuair Endo CT tank.

·
Registered
34 Posts
damn that looks clean congrats. BTW how is the fitting with the rear bumper and the CTR tail lights? did you have to cut a lot of the housing? you have some pics of the mod ? thanks for sharing

·
Registered
976 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Looks amazing. Did you have to do anything to your exhaust to get it to fit the rear bumper cutout?
Yes I did, the opening is off a bit, I had to move the exhaust to the right a couple inches. We weren't able to just bend the hangers and push it over because the exhaust pipe started to hit the suspension, so some cutting and welding of the axleback was needed

·
Registered
976 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
damn that looks clean congrats. BTW how is the fitting with the rear bumper and the CTR tail lights? did you have to cut a lot of the housing? you have some pics of the mod ? thanks for sharing

Thanks! Here's the diagram for what needs to be cut

·
Registered
77 Posts
Nice build!

How are the 15mm ichiba spacers?

I have a 2010 FA5 with the 18 inch CTR FD2 wheels with tein street advance z coilovers lowered around 1.2 inches. I had to use spacers to make the CTR wheels fit so I use the H&R 20mm DRM spacers (hub centric with built in studs). Car drives well for most part except when hitting a bad pot hole or bad roads with sharp dips, you can hear the tires rub.

I was looking to try 15mm ichiba spacers, would have preferred H&R but they don't make the DRM spacers in 15mm. Need to use this type as I swap wheels during winter, having extended studs installed won't work.

·
Registered
976 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Nice build!

How are the 15mm ichiba spacers?

I have a 2010 FA5 with the 18 inch CTR FD2 wheels with tein street advance z coilovers lowered around 1.2 inches. I had to use spacers to make the CTR wheels fit so I use the H&R 20mm DRM spacers (hub centric with built in studs). Car drives well for most part except when hitting a bad pot hole or bad roads with sharp dips, you can hear the tires rub.

I was looking to try 15mm ichiba spacers, would have preferred H&R but they don't make the DRM spacers in 15mm. Need to use this type as I swap wheels during winter, having extended studs installed won't work.
They worked fine but the locking nuts are made of really soft metal. I accidentally rounded the edges on a one of them and had to take it to the shop in order to get my spacers removed. You just have to be careful.

huouuu beauty!
Thanks!

How much dose that frond end conversion cost?
Somewhere between 2-3k. I don’t remember exactly since I bought the entire conversion with the front, rear, side skirts, spoiler etc. you can save a little if you go with depo lights instead of the oem ones.

1 - 20 of 51 Posts